my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » Janes Adverts

Author Topic: Janes Adverts
thommo
Member # 2839

posted 02-10-2000 04:03 AM     Profile for thommo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Gentlemen,
Yesterday (9/2/2000) I purchased the latest PC Zone magazine here (UK) and on page 72, there is an advert for "The Jane's Range". This montage consists of F/A 18, 688(I), Fleet Command, USAF, IAF. Fair enough (although why F-15's not there I'm not sure). But also on there was an A-10 Warthog box.

Now I do know that magazines have a lead time issue, but A-10 was cancelled a while ago now, so why leave this box in the advert? Why NOT change it to F-15?

I know there were a lot of people after this game, so this will not endear them to the sim community. Do they (Janes) have no concept of discretion? It's bad enough that they have farted under the duvet, do they have to hold our heads under it too?

Not impressed.

------------------
------------------
Tally Ho

Thommo

Posts: 74 | From: Essex, UK | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Major Tom
Member # 1256

posted 02-10-2000 08:55 AM     Profile for Major Tom   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ha ha ha ha!

That's actually kind of funny in a sick way.

Posts: 1352 | From: Prescott, AZ | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Heretic
Member # 722

posted 02-10-2000 09:04 AM     Profile for Heretic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
the real problem is they farted and they´ve put our heads under the duvet....
They can keep theyr head and fart as they wan´t as long i don´t have to smell it

Posts: 546 | From: Brasil, Rio de Janeiro | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.