my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » BVR and Janes FR-15

Author Topic: BVR and Janes FR-15
Blond_Knight
Member # 67

posted 02-01-2000 08:28 AM     Profile for Blond_Knight     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
After purchasing Janes F-15 this weekend, I think I can safely say I now know the meaning of BVR:
"This thing is so loaded it flies like a pig, and if I let you get close to me Im dead"
Even empty She's not that maneuverable, and stunts that I could pull in F4 get me Betty b!tching about an "Over Gee"

But please dont misunderstand me,Im not complaining, as I got a late issue game, the only manual is on the CD(and who sits and reads 100 pages of a PDF file?) Am I flying this thing with the wrong doctrine in mind?

[This message has been edited by Blond_Knight (edited 02-01-2000).]

Posts: 1093 | From: Richmond Va - Capital of the Confederacy | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
JA
unregistered

posted 02-01-2000 08:55 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
JF-15 was, if you can believe it, my first sim. What a way to start! Yep, it's a pig at nearly any speed, altitude, and loading, unless you are extremely gentle with the controls, and even then...your best bet is AMRAAM kills from as far away as possible. So, air-to-air in this sim is not as much raw fun as EAW, for example, but if you are into ground-pounding with sophisticated munitions (CBU-97, etc.), you're in for a treat. There are tons of high-quality training sites associated with this sim, and make sure you download the 1.17 patch - it fixes stuff you didn't know was broken but later wonder how you could have lived without, plus many minor bugs and glitches. I would start at Limech's Jane's Page and follow the links from there. Enjoy!
IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.