my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » What Sim?

Author Topic: What Sim?
Ronin-2
Member # 2142

posted 01-21-2000 08:17 PM     Profile for Ronin-2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi:

I am very new to this. I really want to get online and play. I don't know which game is best to get, can you recomend?

Ronin-2

Posts: 1 | From: Boise ID USA | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
maytes
Member # 2143

posted 01-21-2000 08:50 PM     Profile for maytes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Best flight sim is a VERY debatable topic. I noticed you said you wanted to get "online and play". You come from the land of first person shooters? If so, you might want to start on something simple. I would suggest Fighters Anthology. There are tons of planes to fly and many people to go against in online multiplayer at Jane's Combat.net. Others may suggest USAF but I disagree, due to its horrendously hard to control planes, and far less realism then Fighters Anthology, despite the much later date USAF was released. Sure, FA doesn't have the best graphics, nor realism that will impress pilots, but for quick dogfights and fun gameplay for the "weekend warrior", FA can't be beat.

Also, FA is dirt cheap. Twelve bucks at my Babbages, possibly less in other places.

[This message has been edited by maytes (edited 01-21-2000).]

Posts: 36 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Major Tom
Member # 1256

posted 01-22-2000 02:41 PM     Profile for Major Tom   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
For online play, I'd suggest you get a copy of something like Air Warrior III. It probably has the best online aeral dogfighting availible.

Jet Warrior Vietnam is just around the corner, and it will probably surpass Air Warrior III in online play.

Posts: 1352 | From: Prescott, AZ | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.