my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » how can you deny janes f-18 is but ugly?

Author Topic: how can you deny janes f-18 is but ugly?
SGT_ROCK
unregistered

posted 01-18-2000 10:24 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
imersive enviroment aside it is UGLY.

There is at present no current game this ugly.

see it before you buy it.

just stating my opinion, deff not trolling.

dark, uninspired colors and textures.

nice attempt at modeling lighting and weather effects, but they are very dark as well.

Why is it when people post this fact they get flamed by all the f-18 homers????

IP: Logged
Blaze
Member # 198

posted 01-18-2000 11:07 PM     Profile for Blaze   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
As you said yourself first, that's your opinion, not a fact.
Major Tom
Member # 1256

posted 01-19-2000 12:24 AM     Profile for Major Tom   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You still didn't deny it
Posts: 1352 | From: Prescott, AZ | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Blaze
Member # 198

posted 01-19-2000 01:46 AM     Profile for Blaze   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Who am I to deny another one his opinion?
Hunedog
Member # 94

posted 01-19-2000 02:49 AM     Profile for Hunedog   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
They said the same about EAW, They are both Beootiful to me. But then again I'm just a sim S*L*U*T to the Max. Twenty four Sims and counting.
Posts: 516 | From: Vancouver BC Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
PaulG
Member # 1798

posted 01-19-2000 04:49 AM     Profile for PaulG   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
One mans Butt ugly, is another mans Mona Lisa.(although she's butt ugly too)
Seriously, everyone has their own opinion on what makes, or breaks a sim\game.
Thats groovy. But some people are acting so dissapointed in this sim like it was the second coming or something, and now they have been left behind.
Its a game!
Its a complicated game!
Its a relatively inexpensive game!
Its better than pac-man!
Lets move on to the next messiah thats being hyped up right now, and then get disappointed all over again.

------------------
"Once more, Into the breech!!!"

[This message has been edited by PaulG (edited 01-19-2000).]

Posts: 61 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Truro
Member # 679

posted 01-19-2000 08:44 AM     Profile for Truro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
As far as the darkness, if your gamma is set where it ought to be, I find the brightness about right, depending on time of day. I would'nt want the day any brighter, and night is dark naturally, last time I looked. The ocean might use a shade lighter.

I bought it from a place that takes returns. I like games that look stunning at 1280+ and run fast. It doesn't do either, and I like it for what it is.

Posts: 1441 | From: Tulsa, Ok | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
unregistered

posted 01-19-2000 10:54 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I will post this at risk of flame but here goes. Awhile back i had a dell 15 inch monitor it was dark and I really thought my games just looked like crap. Well I went a purchased a 19 inch nice monitor and oh my god i thought i had a new pc everything was brighter games looked brand new. Now i guess some of you are spoiled by the f4 cloud of korea do you really think korea looks that clear all the time... not!!! My point being dont take be fooled by what you think is realism in the outdoor f4 world. I have yet to see tiling terrain when I am in a plane. If someone who does not enjoy what f18 looks like please point out these examples. I would love to see them all i ever seem to find though is "this sim ugly" crap please let me know what is so ugly provide screenshots. For what it is worth i never thought f4 was that pretty a sim but then again I dont fly sims because i think they are pretty. If you think the f18 is ugly in the janes sim someone please take a gander at the shifty skin on the f16 in f4. Come on guys relax a little and fly the damn sims.

john

Major Tom
Member # 1256

posted 01-19-2000 11:59 AM     Profile for Major Tom   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This thread is actually kind of funny.
Posts: 1352 | From: Prescott, AZ | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Pyro!
unregistered

posted 01-19-2000 03:48 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't understand why people complain about the dark graphics... can't they just turn the brightness up on their monitor or the gamma up on their video cards?

Isn't this just like blaming a company for making a sim too hard when one can just turn down the difficulty level?

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.