my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » Campaigns for Fighters Anthology here

Author Topic: Campaigns for Fighters Anthology here
mbaxter
Member # 191

posted 01-15-2000 07:03 PM     Profile for mbaxter   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
For a game first written in 1995, this one sure has staying power. The other day I updated the FA section on my site. If any of you still like this game, feel free to visit this link and check out some of the campaigns that I and others have contributed. http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Corridor/8603/homepage.htm

Also if your interested check out the world airpower section: http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Corridor/8603/index.htm

Posts: 1687 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Wrench
Member # 639

posted 01-15-2000 07:14 PM     Profile for Wrench   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nicely done! I havn't seen some of those campaigns for a while...
And yes, even in today's super-high-end sim community, there are still those of us playing, enjoying and EVEN still building mission sets for FA....I should know!
IMHO, I think I've built some of the best (and not breaking my are patting myself on the back!)
Here's a link to my ATFG/FA page: http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Hangar/5936
Wrench's ATFG/FA Toolbox

Wrench
Kevin Stein
(novel conversion specalist!)

Posts: 22 | From: Los Angeles, CA, USA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
mbaxter
Member # 191

posted 01-17-2000 05:32 AM     Profile for mbaxter   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks - and good site, BTW. Glad I'm not the only one who still thinks FA is a great game. Let me know what you think of my scenarios.

later,
Mike

Maytse
unregistered

posted 01-17-2000 06:57 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
CombatGames has just voted USAF as the best flight sim of the decade. Best graphics, best flight models, best weapons, most realistic campaigns, best emersion and most popular with all players of all time. One editor stated that the radars in USAF were so
realistic that it made him feel as if he were flying over Germany again. Another writer stated that he didn't know how Pixel was able
to obtain such highly classified data on the flight characteristics of the A-10. I think I might go buy another copy just in case they run out. It should be a collectors item one day.

IP: Logged
wtf?
unregistered

posted 01-17-2000 10:08 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I could roll so fast in that F-15 it was like a fan blade.

Sixty degree dive, altitude a hundred feet? No problem, just pull up. Those elevators must be pretty potent.

Realistic radar? Wow I never knew that the F-22, F-4, F-16, F-15, F-105, F-117 and A-10 all had the exact same radar. I didn't even know the A-10 had a radar!

"highly classified data on the flight characterisitcs of the A-10." My *** . Anybody can find descriptions of the characteristics with just a few minutes of web searching. I'm sure Andy Bush could tell all he wanted about the A-10 and the government wouldn't care a bit.

Medway
unregistered

posted 01-17-2000 01:06 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Maytse:

Are you refering to Janes USAF that just came out? That's a total farce if it is, theres no way that thing has the best FM and avionics.

mbaxter
Member # 191

posted 01-18-2000 05:02 AM     Profile for mbaxter   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Maytse - LOL! You're too much!

[This message has been edited by mbaxter (edited 01-18-2000).]

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.