my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » ATTN: Jet Simmers, An Invitation

Author Topic: ATTN: Jet Simmers, An Invitation
TWINHIT
Member # 1758

posted 01-06-2000 07:15 PM     Profile for TWINHIT   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Greetings people,
I am here, posting in a jet thread.

I want to invite everyone interested in jet sims to have a look at a new Prop sim that you may or may not have heard of.

B172 Flying Fortress "The Mighty Eighth" By Wayward Design and distributed through Microprose.

We have a site http://www.bombs-away.net that has a UBB like this one, A wealth of screens. etc.

I am hoping that many of you will see that this sim being a prop sim has many many qualities of a jet sim. only you are staring at your foe when you shoot them down.

The bombers will allow for multi-players in the same plane while online.

So much to tell here that it is better to read the reviews here at Combatsim.com documented info at Bomb-away and other review sites.

I Have flown the jet sims and choppers etc.
I like Falcon 4.0 and DID's F22 ADF and TAW
as well as Wargasm on the ground.
I own Fly! too and would recommend it for the modeling of the interiors but that is as far is it goes there.

All I know to say is that I have a VHS tape of B172 and will tell you that it is very very intensive. The Graphics look real good and so forth. squiggly tracers? Yes it IS in there.

If you want to find out more about this sim Please stop by bombs-away where the developers themselves have spent time discussing their product with the boardmembers.

Also note that in a prop tactics are very very different than in a jet sim. add the element of the B-17 and you have a handful.

Every Switch, knob, lever and guages are functional. Not only are the Bombers themselves designed to recieve point of inmpact damage but a crewman has degrees of damage as well.

We are building a big list of members there and have vgrps started as well.

Everyone is invited and we hope that jetsim afficianados will include this sim as well in their simming arsenal.

Release dates are expected to be within 3 months.

will be looking for you.

rgrds,
Twinhit

PS: I am 100% independant of any business, review site, or developer. I am a fellow consumer like yourselves. I think that B172 is something to see and own. Word of mouth is the best advertiser you know.

SuperGroove
Member # 771

posted 01-08-2000 11:19 AM     Profile for SuperGroove   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Twinhit,

It's not like jet simmers only play jet sims. I for one love WWII sims from time to time, EAW being my favorite. I am looking forward to B-17 II, as it has always been my favorite bomber, although the B-24J looked meaner, hehe. If only Microprose would do a Vietnam simulation now...

SG

Posts: 800 | From: Colorado | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.