my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » SH Joystick dead in combat

Author Topic: SH Joystick dead in combat
jimvictor
Member # 1052

posted 01-05-2000 08:59 AM     Profile for jimvictor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
for some reason when I go from training to the actual combat or campaign scenerios, the joystick has no effect, just dead in the water. cannot scroll etc but the mouse works.
When i backtrack and do the training it works [email protected] any ideas?
thanks

Posts: 433 | From: charlottesville Va usa | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
hoser
Member # 317

posted 01-05-2000 12:55 PM     Profile for hoser     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Not sure if this is the same problem - when I start out the final A-G training mission, (multiple loadout/targets), and some combat missions (also on the carrier)I can not pan views at all - except virtual. I get around it by hitting the auto CAT key (CTRL c) which starts the engines, sets the flaps, puts you on the CAT,etc. I then start the launch sequence and once I am wheels up all is fine - panning, flight controls etc. First time it happened drove me nuts thinking my joystick or programming crapped out.

That's a work around but kinda ruins the immersion IMHO.

Sounds like a programming problem but to see if we have any system similarities: I have a Celery 466 (OC'd to 523), 256 MB RAM, Viper 770U, MX300, F-22/TQS w/ a PC Dash.

hoser

Posts: 52 | From: Silver City, NM, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
jimvictor
Member # 1052

posted 01-05-2000 01:51 PM     Profile for jimvictor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
thanks for the info,
I tried the auto cat (ctrl c) to no response)
celeron 400 192 megs tnt2 ultra....

hoser
Member # 317

posted 01-05-2000 09:24 PM     Profile for hoser     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
jimvictor,

I solved my problem, at least for now. I had the "G Force Effects" unchecked. After doing a reinstall and tinkering with the various settings I narrowed it down to that. It seems that the settings are better changed using the config program rather than the in-program preferences. Hope this helps.

Off the subject in all the tinkering I found a micro-texture setting of 4 a lot more pleasing than the max I was running at. (matter of personal taste, of course)

hoser

jimvictor
Member # 1052

posted 01-06-2000 08:33 AM     Profile for jimvictor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'll give it a try tonite.
I can't find info on micro-texture in the manual. can you expain it?
thanks

scanman
Member # 1697

posted 01-06-2000 01:05 PM     Profile for scanman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Can anyone actually find anything in the manual?

I think it's crap, where's the key ref?

------------------
Dar B (SCANMAN)

Posts: 93 | From: Belfast, Ireland | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
hoser
Member # 317

posted 01-06-2000 05:37 PM     Profile for hoser     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
jimvictor,

I'm no graphics expert but my read is the micro texture acts almost like "sharpness" control on a TV - too much sharpness and there's a lot of noise. I used to unable to distiguish a shore line - seemed like the ocean and the shore just blended together - with the setting of "4" for me it's now more distinguisable. It's on the DISPLAY TAB in the config file - middle slider.

Good luck.

[This message has been edited by hoser (edited 01-06-2000).]

jimvictor
Member # 1052

posted 01-06-2000 06:47 PM     Profile for jimvictor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
..it seems if I can start the engines manually, then the scrolling with the joystick works. the keyboard will get me that far..............
thanks for the replys

Blaze
Member # 198

posted 01-11-2000 08:30 AM     Profile for Blaze   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Scanman, you forgot to post your "DI reply" post in this thread!

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.