my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » DI's Super Hornet - what do u think? (Page 2)

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Author Topic: DI's Super Hornet - what do u think?
ScottMG
Member # 1813

posted 01-13-2000 02:07 PM     Profile for ScottMG   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Scanman, Thank you for saving me $50. I ordered DI's sim yesterday and after reading your post it turned me right off. Poor damage modeling (sink a carrier w/ guns), targets that pop up, and a whole bunch of other things that are so essantial in a sim. Also, the comment that no patch is in the works worries me nig time. What ever happened to the people who made Tornado? That was such an intense sim.
Jackal
Member # 1202

posted 01-13-2000 03:54 PM     Profile for Jackal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ScottMG,

>> What ever happened to the people who made
Tornado? That was such an intense sim.

Yes, *exactly* that's what I was asking myself quite often while playing it.
Jackal

scanman
Member # 1697

posted 01-13-2000 09:59 PM     Profile for scanman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
BLAZE>>> JACKAL>>>

Thanks for backing me up and adding your expert experience to my criticisms.

Like I said, I think we were all expecting something alot more realistic, accurate and involving.

If anything, I hope these posts send a few shockwaves up the chain of command at DIGINT/TITUS.

Thanks RAZ for replying, but Blaze and Jackal's comments re-enforce what I have highlighted and you should take note, don't hype a sim as being the most "advanced and exciting" sim when it's better off for first-timers who just wanna fly a jet onto a carrier and aren't too worried about realism.

I've now uninstalled Super Hornet and re-installed F-18 Korea - just for the realism and feel of the aircraft. I'll stick to nukeing dams while flying low-level through the triple A.

Sorry DIGINT, but you've lost me as a loyal customer.

LASER01>>>
I would say Jane's F-18 would be better, but I haven't seen it first hand. You can get Hornet Korea really cheap now, I'd recommend that, with the patches it's very good. Might be a while before Jane's reaches the fjords of Norway!!!

------------------
Dar B (SCANMAN)

[This message has been edited by scanman (edited 01-13-2000).]

Posts: 93 | From: Belfast, Ireland | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Pretzel
Member # 800

posted 01-13-2000 11:57 PM     Profile for Pretzel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello
Its Funny how Hornet Korea always surfaces yet GSC says there just isnt any money in the PC flt sim market..They really had a winner !

Since your flying Korea head over to my web site a DL a bunch of add-ons
http://members.xoom.com/Pretzelworks/Korea.htm

Cheers
Pretzel

gol
Member # 1365

posted 01-14-2000 05:00 AM     Profile for gol   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Having just read the comparison of janes F-18 and DI's superhornet, i believe that whiles DI's sim doesn't have all the extra trimmings of janes F-18, what it does have it does very well. i already have a copy of DI's superhornet and i will probably get the gold version when it is released. it's just a shame that the key mapping in superhornet is so piss poor, otherwise this sim is perfect for me.

By the way which sim would anyone recommend for an occasional flyer who doesn't want to spend 2 years learning to fly the plane. eventhough i love hardcore sims like superhornet and F4, occasionally i like to just jump right into a sim and spend an hour flying and shooting other planes down (something along the lines of USNF)

------------------

Posts: 6 | From: London, England | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Laser01
Member # 1441

posted 01-14-2000 06:46 AM     Profile for Laser01   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
GOL>>>

Its got to be USAF. A great sim thats hard to find any faults with (mission completion is hard because of the steep demands you have to meet).

Its all singing all dancing with up to the minute graphics...and hell, where else can you strap on a one man airforce like the Republic F-105 Thud and "go downtown"!!!

Posts: 17 | From: Norway | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
scanman
Member # 1697

posted 01-14-2000 10:16 AM     Profile for scanman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
PRETZEL>>>>>

Thanks mate, already been there and got your excellent add-ons. Great site worth a touch and go every now and then!

GOL>>>>>
Glad you enjoy Super Hornet, good for you but not for us!

btw - got my money back on Super Hornet!

------------------
Dar B (SCANMAN)

Posts: 93 | From: Belfast, Ireland | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.