my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » China & Russia Test new AA Missile (Page 2)

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Author Topic: China & Russia Test new AA Missile
mbaxter
Member # 191

posted 01-14-2000 01:56 PM     Profile for mbaxter   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
JimG - you're just a whiner. My arguments are quite valid. I've seen too much bloat and waste during my years in the service. I have come away with the distinct impression that we need a leaner, more efficient force. With good leadership it can be done. I have seen it happen.

I was in an underfunded, under-manned, ill-equipped division that was cut in half in 1996 and reorganized, ultimately becoming a much more effective "enhanced brigade" after a year of pain. It was worth it. We lost no real combat power and saved the taxpayers a lot of money in the process. My company was lucky to have good leadership during that time. By 1998, in all units readiness was higher in this brigade than it had ever been when it was a division. This was an example of how downsizing can work.

When officers stop thinking like beauraucrats and start thinking more like businessmen, a military force can get the job done with much, much less funding. I could go on and on about this.

I maintain the US military should be cut by at least 1/3 in personell and reorganized with less units that are fully staffed, while the military budget remains at the current $300 billion or perhaps a bit less. This goes for all branches. Meanwhile a new emphasis on monetary efficiency should be disseminated to all officers down to the lowest O-1. Getting more bang per buck is not that hard, it's mainly just a matter of the leadership having good organization skills and common sense.

[This message has been edited by mbaxter (edited 01-14-2000).]

Posts: 1687 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.