my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » F-15 and Tacans and Airports in Virtual World, Janes Staff or anyone

Author Topic: F-15 and Tacans and Airports in Virtual World, Janes Staff or anyone
Simmer
unregistered

posted 01-01-2000 03:39 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi to anyone?

I am currently trying to locate a mission for the mission builder that someone has created that has every realistic Tacan and Airbase In F-15 World, Including Iraq, Kuwait, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Syria and any other country I may have left out.

Thanks in advance for you help.

I would like to fly and navigate to all the airports in this part of the world.

IP: Logged
Lucky_1
Member # 352

posted 01-01-2000 08:11 PM     Profile for Lucky_1   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If I'm not mistaken, TACAN is already modeled in the game. And, if you really wanted too, you could fly to every air strip. I don't think you need a patch to use TACAN.
Posts: 635 | From: Knoxville, TN. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Simmer
unregistered

posted 01-01-2000 11:11 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lucky1

If you load the default.mmp(template) it does not give you but one tacan. The tacan of the field you are taking off from If you scroll through the tacan list on UFC it just list that one tacan...no other tacans are listed...Although all the fields are on the map...there are no names or tacans assocaited with these field.

That is why I was wondering if anyone out there has a a template with all tacans and names of all airstrips in the F-15 offline virtual world. Your help is appreciated.

thanks

IP: Logged
Lucky_1
Member # 352

posted 01-02-2000 09:56 PM     Profile for Lucky_1   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
But they are all listed. On one mission I was damaged and losing fuel. So I just kept hitting the next button on the UFC till I found the closest air field. There were at least 10 listed and a refueler.
Posts: 635 | From: Knoxville, TN. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
scanman
Member # 1697

posted 01-03-2000 07:32 PM     Profile for scanman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
TACAN's are already in there - even without patching the game.

Make sure in the NAV tab on the UFC you have TACAN selected, then like Lucky1 says, you can scroll through them.
They include the name, frequency and range to the relevant TACAN/BASE.

Patch it anyway - it's better.

Good Luck

------------------
Dar B (SCANMAN)

Posts: 93 | From: Belfast, Ireland | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.