my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » Janes F-15 Problem

Author Topic: Janes F-15 Problem
Datajack
Member # 1437

posted 12-29-1999 12:47 PM     Profile for Datajack   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi all,

I just picked up a copy of Janes F15 for $19.99. I installed the Expert settings and moved on to the training missions. When I get to the Unguided Weapons mission, I find that I cannot select A/G ordinace. Clicking on PB16-20 on the MFD does nothing. I switched the radar to A/G mode, made sure Master Arm was on, and went to the A/G Arm MFD. When I click on a A/G Weapon (The MK-82 or Maverick in this case) the weapons won't select. Nothing happens!

I noticed that switching to Casual mode fixes this problem, but I don't want to fly in casual mode.

The manual or key ref sheet are no help either.

Can anyone help me out here?

Datajack

Posts: 483 | From: Miami Fl, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Jason
Member # 1545

posted 12-29-1999 01:47 PM     Profile for Jason   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey,
I can't say i've ever had that problem with F-15 although i do have another question. How do you set up a HOTAS setup with a CH Pro throttle and a Joystick, i have to get a new joystick because my Microsoft Precision Pro is not compatible with throttle(that was a nasty suprise x-mas day)

------------------

Datajack
Member # 1437

posted 12-29-1999 02:10 PM     Profile for Datajack   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If you get a CH joystick then you should have no problem. I don't know how it will work with a non-CH joystick. I assume your throttle is non-USB? If so, then you must get a non-USB joystick. I would go for the CH-F16 Fighterstick, or just under that the CH-F16 CombatStick.

Check them out at www.chproducts.com

Envelope
Member # 275

posted 12-29-1999 02:18 PM     Profile for Envelope   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Datajack, the fact that you can select weapons in casual mode suggests that maybe you have damaged the systems in some way during operations so as to prevent arming the individual weapons. Or, check to see that your A/G light is actually on, the Casual mode may give much more latitude in selecting weapons even if the A/G system is not actually acivated. "I switched the radar to A/G mode, made sure Master Arm was on,...". When you say "made sure" did you check the light or hit M again on the keyboard? Check the A/G light. You can select the same objects with both the keyboard and the mouse.
Posts: 2057 | From: Davis, CA, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Datajack
Member # 1437

posted 12-29-1999 02:35 PM     Profile for Datajack   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Envelope,

A/G light is on. When I said I made sure Master Arm is on, I mean I made sure the RDY in the A/G Arm Screen has a box around it (I Believe the Keystroke is SHIFT-W).

Again, when I click the PB to select a Weapon nothing happens.

I noticed the samething happens with A/A weapons as well.

HELP!!!

Datajack

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.