my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » Does Super EF2000 look as good as Gfx+?

Author Topic: Does Super EF2000 look as good as Gfx+?
Medway
unregistered

posted 12-25-1999 01:34 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've been reading a lot of messages about the difference between the unaccelerated 2.0 win95/98 version of EF2000 and the DOS Gfx+ version that is accelerated. The general opinion is that not only does it look as good but some people say it looks better. I currently have the DOS version but don't have a suitable videocard to run the Gfx+ version. But by comparing screenshots from the accelerated version and my DOS version, there is a big difference. The terrain especially looks much smoother in the accelerated version. In mine it's very blocky, but the Gfx+ version looks pretty good from what I can tell in the screenshots. I've heard some people mention that the graphics in the Super EF2000 were maybe upgraded from the DOS one. Any comments? By the way, I'm ordering the EF2000 2.0 from EBWorld.com so ventually I'll be able to make my own decision.

Thanks

IP: Logged
ozias
unregistered

posted 12-26-1999 03:53 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
As far as I know the DOS version of EF2000 and Super EF2000 are exactly the same, apart from the fact that you can run Super EF 2000 in a window and access an online version of the manual at the same time, and Super Ef2000 also supports network multiplayer via TCP/IP.

I think the same, i would imagime the windows version would run slightly slower though.

As for Graphics+ and Super EF2000, I would imagine Gra[hics+ is both faster and better looking.

Timmer4
unregistered

posted 12-26-1999 02:08 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have had voodoo cards all along and ran Graphics+ with a V2 card when it first came out. It was graphically superior to the SuperEf2k that I ran recently without 3dfx support (having an unsupported Voodoo3 card) due to the increased block textures visible on the ground in SuperEf2k

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.