my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » Janes F-15 mission map problem

Author Topic: Janes F-15 mission map problem
Someguy
unregistered

posted 12-23-1999 09:15 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I got back into this one to help pass the time until F/A-18 arrives.

I'm in the Iraq campaign at the fifth mission briefing, and the detection and range circles for the Iraqi air defence sites have disappeared. They were visible on the mission maps for the previous four missions. The toggle icons have no effect. Needless to say this makes mission planning much more difficult!

I'm using the latest patch. TNT card, but the problem seems to occur both in D3D mode and software mode.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

IP: Logged
Envelope
Member # 275

posted 12-23-1999 10:39 PM     Profile for Envelope   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Check to see if the problem shows up in other maps like in the training missions or single person missions. Maybe there is a posed intelligence problem. Look to see if you can identify the units that should be responsible for the range and detection circles. If you can't find them, this could just be the way it is set up.
Posts: 2057 | From: Davis, CA, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Someguy
unregistered

posted 12-24-1999 06:49 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The threat circles only show up in one of the single missions. I started a new Iran campaign and the threat circles are visible. I'll play through a few missions to see if they eventually disappear.

If this is an intelligence problem, it seems odd that all the threat information would disappear at once. And I know that we haven't destroyed all the enemy's air defences.

Envelope
Member # 275

posted 12-24-1999 11:56 AM     Profile for Envelope   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, if you've flown a few bombing missions in the area, it's conceivable that the threats have moved to new locations. Did you fly in such a way so as to obviously avoid the threats? The original briefing for the campaign might have been based on local or time limited surveillance. You could be in for some problems since it could be that the threats still exist somewhere. Make sure that you are very adept at using your TEWS.
Someguy
unregistered

posted 12-25-1999 10:15 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, I better brush up on the TEWS, and fly a few practice missions.

I just wish I could see the threat circles from the previous mission. It is very disconcerting to go downtown with absolutely no information on where the air defence sites were, are, or might be.

Maybe I will start a new campaign and take a screenshot of the mission map early on.

Thanks for the help.

Envelope
Member # 275

posted 12-25-1999 11:08 AM     Profile for Envelope   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, I think I see what you are saying, you have no record of where the threats were to help you anticipate where they might have gone.

Something that is seriously lacking in the combat sims is good maps. In the General Aviation sims, you can use real maps and these can be easy to get a hold of. But even the map in Falcon 4.0 is pretty sketchy and you can only use it so many times. What we need are maps that can be printed out!

MichaelW
Member # 926

posted 12-28-1999 01:14 PM     Profile for MichaelW   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No KIDDING!

When will developers build in to their sims a print-screen function (to have a picture of the target area available before you reach the IP) and a work-able knee-board???

Sheeez. Its been long enough already...

Jason
Member # 1545

posted 12-29-1999 01:52 PM     Profile for Jason   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey,
could it be because intel didn't find out where the SAM's and AAA moved to.

Someguy
unregistered

posted 12-29-1999 03:56 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, if that is true, intel are on vacation. I haven't seen a sam circle in the last 6 or 7 missions. The sams are there, they just arent showing up on the map.

I have a feeling this is a D3D problem. I am trying to run the D3D version on a TNT card, which F-15s D3D implementation supposedly does not support.

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.