my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » Christmas wish list

Author Topic: Christmas wish list
Santa
unregistered

posted 12-20-1999 05:10 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello boys and girls!

I thought I would save some time and see what three planes each of you would like for Christmas. Remember, only three, and tell Santa why you want them.

HO-HO-HO and Meeeeeeeerry Christmas!!! (And watch my six you little ********!)

IP: Logged
Andy Bush
Member # 12

posted 12-20-1999 05:25 PM     Profile for Andy Bush   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Hog. You can have the other two choices back.
Posts: 595 | From: St Louis, Mo | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Envelope
Member # 275

posted 12-20-1999 05:31 PM     Profile for Envelope   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I wanna Hog like Andy 'cause you can land them anywhere and they carry more stuff. I wanna Mig 29 'cause they look tougher than the F-16. And I wanna a Sopwith 'cause I get tired of looking through a plastic bubble.
Posts: 2057 | From: Davis, CA, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
BLACK ANGEL
unregistered

posted 12-20-1999 05:36 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Santa wrote:
("...And watch my six...")
NICE SIX, Santa!!!
BTW. Are, really, any girls here?

BLACK ANGEL
unregistered

posted 12-20-1999 05:56 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh yeah...
I want...I want...I want
Ok, Santa, put your seatbelts on.
An-225A(transporting Su27,Mig29,Su39) THAT'S ONE
An-225B(transporting F14,A10,Mirage) THAT'S TWO
An-225C(transporting Mi24,AH1W Super Cobra,Ka56) THAT'S THREE
One, Two, Three

Major Tom
Member # 1256

posted 12-21-1999 12:01 AM     Profile for Major Tom   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A-10 "HOG" A nice subsonic highly manuverable jet

Armament:
a **** load of bombs
bullets, lots of em

F-105G "THUD" It's just a big damn plane, nuff said

Armament:
6x centerline MK-82's
4x outer wing pylon sidewinders
2x inner wing pylon drop tanks
1x hollowed out bomb bay fuel cell for use in luggage storage
lots and lots of bullets

F8F-2 "Bearcat" Smaller and more managable than the A-1

Armament:
4x 20mm cannons
2x drop tanks
Napalm
a few (hundred) slugs would be nice

Maybe next christmass I'll ask santa for some LAU's and ZUNI's

[This message has been edited by Major Tom (edited 12-21-1999).]

Posts: 1352 | From: Prescott, AZ | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Attila
Member # 853

posted 12-21-1999 12:41 AM     Profile for Attila     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The swedish Gripen aircraft over well modelled Scandinavian terrain/theatre, in a 'trainer' style sim focussed around a universal scenario editor (much like the Flanker sim). But maybe that's a little to late for this Xmas, even for Santa and all his helpers... maybe next millenium. :-)

Check out: http://www.gripen.se

PS. Just saw that South Africa has signed for Gripen aircrafts (ie. more flexibility in realistic theaters for a sim... :-)

[This message has been edited by Attila (edited 12-21-1999).]

Posts: 579 | From: Scotland | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Billzilla
Member # 34

posted 12-21-1999 12:54 AM     Profile for Billzilla   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
- Su-37, 'cause nothing can out-turn it, it carries a LOT of munitions, and is pretty darn fast, too.
- SR-71. Just d-a-m-n fast, that's all.
- Citation X. Yep, it's fast, too, but comfortable as well.

Posts: 244 | From: Australia | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
blah
unregistered

posted 12-21-1999 01:06 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
XP-79
Cut the tails off of bombers!
jejejeejejeje

Crusader
Member # 530

posted 12-21-1999 02:23 AM     Profile for Crusader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dear Santa,

Wish to have a F18 simulator cockpit and a complete flight suit with helmet of cause.
That's all, Santa.

Don't wished for real jets 'cause I'd only landed 1 out 10 flights in Falcon 4.0

Posts: 43 | From: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Beirut
Member # 32

posted 12-21-1999 04:34 AM     Profile for Beirut     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A Spitfire MKI Is there anything cooler?
An A-10 with 3 20mm gatling gun pods on each wing. :-D
An F-22 for that high tech, need for speed feeling.

And the Swedish Bikini Team as my ground crew.

Posts: 382 | From: Quebec, Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Kurt Plummer
Member # 358

posted 12-21-1999 07:00 AM     Profile for Kurt Plummer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi Santa,

*** -u-me'ing you mean for a /sim/ I would go:

A-10 Which end do I sit in again? Anything
that uglee has to be 'cute'
F-14 A tail of two tales, and one engine...
F-4 The most important jet fighter of the
century

A close runner up would be 'SEAD, then and now' (Abdula to DS at least) but it would take a -lot- of digging to get a sufficiently accurate representation of the evolution and countermeasures inherent to emitter localization for hard SEAD.

If you could do it at all the 'prettiest one' could be covered in the last title at least.

I would also take a Flygvappen game, but I'd like to see the Viggen and Draken as well. Luv them STOL dispersals and fighting a delta against a MiG-19 would be 'interesting'...

Do I get a candy cane? Kurt Plummer

Jackal
Member # 1202

posted 12-22-1999 11:19 AM     Profile for Jackal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
F14 Sim with front/back seat coop network play.
For the two other I take a couple of instructor hours with Andy Bush in the back seat :-).
Jackal

nick moyrand
Member # 214

posted 12-22-1999 02:12 PM     Profile for nick moyrand   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A Mirage III sim, variants would be welcomed too C, E, Mirage 50, Mirage V etc, as long as it keeps that shape!

Second choice, a dedicated F4 Phantom or an F 104 sim would be highly appreciated.

Actually, a "Century" fighter sim would truly rule, F 100 Super Sabre, F 101 Voodoo, F 102 Delta Dart, F 104 Starfighter, F 105 Thunderchief, F 106 Delta Dagger... etc...

Throwing in some of the greats such as the, F5, T 38 Talon, F7 Corsair, F8 Crusader (the best looking one ever?, I think so), Vigilante, etc...

If any sim company was to offer those planes, even as "stand alone" product, I 'd be happier than a sweaty hog on a hot July day rolling in s-hit down south.

------------------
Nick Moyrand

Posts: 897 | From: www.lakah-group.com | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Raptor
Member # 1428

posted 12-22-1999 02:48 PM     Profile for Raptor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wish #1: FOX 1!!!
Wish #2: FOX 2!!!
Wish #3: FOX 3!!!

Posts: 162 | From: San Francisco, CA USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.