my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » HANGING SIMS

Author Topic: HANGING SIMS
Phil47
Member # 658

posted 12-18-1999 04:42 AM     Profile for Phil47     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Now I,m sure out there lurks a person who is a whizz at computers so I wonder if you can come up with any ideas re sims hanging.
I have MS 2000 and regulary as clockwork the bloody thing locks up the whole system at least once or twice a night (loading scenery)

I have a Dell with pentium 111 500. 128 mg of ram..13.6 gig hard drive and a Diamond viper770 32 bit graphics card.
In the read me in MS2000 it says that some Diamond cards can hang the system and that you should go to FS2000 config files and create a new heading, [ HARDWARE}
textureAGP=0
texture management=1
I have done this, but the blasted thing still siezes up.... I phoned Microsoft helpline but they only seem to read off bits of paper and you can't speak to someone who really knows their stuff.
Do you think I should download the latest drivers and would this help or is there another problem somewhere?
I have tried turning off the virus scanner.Doesn't make much difference.
MS combat is fine......No hangs.
FS 2000.......sometimes hangs when loading scenery.
Flanker 2.......hung twice when exiting missions.

Is this a problem everyone gets or am I just unlucky and is the fault in the sims or the graphics cards?

If anyone can shed any light on these matters I would be grateful .
Not too technical with the answers please.
Sorry but when it comes to computers I'm no Einstein to say the least. All this set XYX buffers, key config E=Mc2 means bugger all to me.Just tell me what to click.....
Now if you want to talk crotchets and hemidemisemiquavers thats a different matter.( Ha Ha ha ha).
Many thanks.
Your man in the wet and windy west..
Phil.

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.