my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » Newsflash!

Author Topic: Newsflash!
Phil47
Member # 658

posted 12-14-1999 03:23 PM     Profile for Phil47     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Irelands worst air disaster occured today when a small two seater Cessna aircraft crashed into a cemetery just outside Dublin.

Irish search and and rescue workers have so far recovered 862 bodies and expect the number to rise as digging continues into the night.

Phil47
Member # 658

posted 12-14-1999 03:27 PM     Profile for Phil47     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Any more aircraft jokes?.....Hey lets get a bit of humour in here people....
nick moyrand
Member # 214

posted 12-14-1999 03:49 PM     Profile for nick moyrand   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hey Phil, that's funny, only one question for ya, where's the humor?

I don't know, was this funny?, I don't get it.

------------------
Nick Moyrand

Posts: 897 | From: www.lakah-group.com | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
daveb
Member # 173

posted 12-14-1999 04:00 PM     Profile for daveb   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

I get it!
Nick, re-read it!

------------------
Best wishes,
Dave B.

Posts: 613 | From: Windsor, UK | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Phil47
Member # 658

posted 12-14-1999 04:45 PM     Profile for Phil47     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nick !
You don't happen to be Irish American by any chance?

Zurawski
Member # 157

posted 12-14-1999 04:57 PM     Profile for Zurawski   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
MAN ... Some people take themselves WAY to seriously!

Take a look at my name ... and try'n figure out how many Polish jokes I've heard!

Sheez!

Posts: 117 | From: Milwaukee, WI., USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bluesy
Member # 1248

posted 12-14-1999 05:09 PM     Profile for Bluesy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
reminds me of the joke about the royal danisk airforce 12 man sikorsky helicopters that chrashed in a cemetary.

This IS funny, well at least if have a sence of humor

Dennis

Posts: 40 | From: Copenhagen, Denmark | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
SGAV8R
Member # 638

posted 12-14-1999 06:32 PM     Profile for SGAV8R   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
<<Nick !
You don't happen to be Irish American by any chance?>>

Ouch! That's gotta hurt........hehehehe

Nick, seriously READ carefully, and u'll get it :-)

Posts: 667 | From: Singapore | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Phil47
Member # 658

posted 12-15-1999 10:56 AM     Profile for Phil47     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nice to see guys with a refreshing sense of humour..
My ancestors are Jewish, so I can afford a few jokes along the way....Ha ha.
Often been reminded of the Jewish Kamikazi pilot.....Crashed into his brothers scrapyard. Or the Russian Areoflot journey I once went on. The plane was so old, it still had an outside toilet.
Oh well I hope you guys have a nice Christmas where and who ever you are...
Whats all this got to do with combat sims I hear some people ask......Absolutely bugger all,but it just breaks the ice from the usual DDKXYZ=10.Set ratio IX to Beta Gamma Delta...That stuff makes about as much sense to me as my jokes do to some of you ..ha ha ha..
Hey now just for the heck of it, some you hard core simmers out there might just like to know that I bought F2 the other week and made a great carrier landing ( manual) on my first attempt..... Since then I may add I have not managed to repeat that dazzeling display of avionics and have wrecked about 15 aircraft carriers attempting to do so.

My nose has also been put out of joint in one of my other posts re FF support in some sims...A Profesional pilot informs me that it is more realistic with just an ordinary stick....OK I'll concede to that as far as modern hydraulic control surfaces are concerned, but it's still nice to feel the strain when you are trying to pull a Spitfire out of a steep dive...Oh what the heck.I like to feel the wind buffeting the old ship about and besides I spent 75 on the bloody thing.

Now I know why my son says he is a better driver than me...Him in his Sony playstation super sports ralley car and me trying to negotiate the M25 motorway in the rush hour in my Peugeot 306 turbo diesel...No contest!

Happy Xmas....Your man in the cold south,
Phil.

JA
unregistered

posted 12-15-1999 11:53 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Not an aircraft joke but...Why do the English drink warm beer? Because they have Lucas refrigerators.
IP: Logged
nick moyrand
Member # 214

posted 12-15-1999 01:18 PM     Profile for nick moyrand   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I got the "joke" ah ah ah hi hi hi ho ho ho!
real funny, my sides hurt... doh!

------------------
Nick Moyrand

Posts: 897 | From: www.lakah-group.com | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Ken Wright
unregistered

posted 12-15-1999 02:41 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, old chap, what's a refrigerator?
Chin chin
Ken

Jon
Member # 324

posted 12-15-1999 02:58 PM     Profile for Jon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Phil,

I'm going to send you my shirt so that you can wash it. I needs it after the mouthful of beer I just spit all over it LOL

Jon

Posts: 135 | From: Rochester, NY USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Blaze
Member # 198

posted 12-15-1999 04:11 PM     Profile for Blaze   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Don't drink and surf! ;-)
Major Tom
Member # 1256

posted 12-15-1999 07:01 PM     Profile for Major Tom   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Phil47, wasn't that one originally a Polak joke?
Posts: 1352 | From: Prescott, AZ | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Jake Strafer
Member # 600

posted 12-15-1999 09:20 PM     Profile for Jake Strafer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I saw this one over at the F4 forums, but here goes:

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather did; and not like the hundreds of screaming passengers onboard his plane.

humerous.

[This message has been edited by Jake Strafer (edited 12-15-1999).]

Posts: 239 | From: Burlington, NC, USA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
JA
unregistered

posted 12-15-1999 09:52 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Best joke I've heard in a while!
Sader85
Member # 1426

posted 12-15-1999 10:00 PM     Profile for Sader85   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Seen on bumper stickers--

UFO's are real, the Air Force is a hoax.

In thrust we trust.

Flying isn't dangerous, crashing is dangerous.

If this were an F-14, I'd be home now.

(got 'em off some F-16 webpage)

------------------
God bless the men of the USS Forrestal--"All Gave Some, Some Gave All"

Posts: 42 | From: Princeton, IL, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Phil47
Member # 658

posted 12-16-1999 03:59 PM     Profile for Phil47     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Major Tom,
Re the initial joke
I suppose it is all according to where you come from.
If you are American than I suppose it's a Pole.....If you are English, then it is an Irishman, or if you are Swiss then it is an Italian....Be interesting to hear the same joke in polish though
There was this two seat Cessna that crashed in ???????.....LOL

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.