my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » USAF in Europe not before Jan 2000

Author Topic: USAF in Europe not before Jan 2000
Greif
Member # 977

posted 12-10-1999 04:16 PM     Profile for Greif   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
After seaching for USAF here in Germany very long, I found out in a french forum (simactu.com), that UASF won't be released in non-english Europe until mid/end Jan2000. Guys, I can tell you, I feel "ganz übel verarscht" (sorry can't translate this, those who can, will agree :-)). Why wasting time in creating a campaign in/over Germany, when nobody there can fly it? Sorry, I don't need to fly in the Grand Canon, but for me, defending my home and native country is somthing, to buy this sim for. It's the same as with WW2F: it came out on Dec 23, what is, IMHO the best possible date to really hit the Xmas-market (grin...). I think, for a company like EA & Jane's it must be possible, to finish a European edition of a game within 2 Months after a USA release. If not, it gives me strong concerns about the seriosity, that I expect to get for the money I pay.
To come to an end, I hope, that You guys over in the USA are not only the world's best Beta-testers (see the forums about graphic-problems with USAF!!!), and that the German version of USAF comes to me already patched. For me, that would the one an only good reason for an overall inacceptable delay.
CU i H!
Greif

Posts: 41 | From: Stuttgart, Deutschland | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
nurse
unregistered

posted 12-11-1999 11:38 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
its on sale in the Netherlands from 10-12-1999.
IP: Logged
Kurt Plummer
Member # 358

posted 12-11-1999 11:24 PM     Profile for Kurt Plummer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Greif,

Seven Missions, does NOT a 'campaign' make...

Half the 'fun' of flying these is learning to switch off the autopilot so that you can, for instance, _take off_ in the F-15E before the your left-behind 22's get completely blown away on border patrol (even on 'manual' the E's go from burner to midmil as soon as you leave them to get back to the fight).

And then it's 50:50 whether you can 'save the radar' because the AWACS, on the far side of the Austrian Alps (or somesuch) can't supposedly 'see' some 15 bogeys coming at you from _it's half_ of the mountain range.

Did I mention AIM-9X /or/ AIM-120? on the Raptor? How about the layholdheave system of pitch command when you're down to guns and extensive prayer coming down vertically like molasses in January at an indicated value of more than 600knots trying to bag a bunch of Hinds? Forget Patriot, where the H are the Stingers!?!?! Absolutely disgusting.

Having 'fun' yet? Well, wait until you get to the last 'win or fail' mission. Take my advice and load those F-15C for bear, gorilla and muskox. Sans the odd HARM launch from the E's it's the only part of the 'strike' package that gets there in time.

Ick Ughhh Bleeurgh. Kurt Plummer

P.S. As for patches... Don't you know?
Pixel seems to think that 'we don't need no Steekin' Patches'. Going on six months after release.

All help is coming from private sources, sans Pixel's also maybe-someday editor pack 'promises'.

Heck by the time you get it, maybe you'll be buying it in the bargain bin like we do with IAF. How much is $14.99 in DM?

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.