my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » Jetfighter Fullburn...anyone, anyone?

Author Topic: Jetfighter Fullburn...anyone, anyone?
Grizwalter
unregistered

posted 12-10-1999 10:25 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I own and love the Combat Flight Sim JetFighter Fullburn, but cannot seem to find anyone to play on the Internet with. Am I the only person in the world who owns this game? It is absolutely fantastic, I assure you, with excellent combat realism and smooth kick-butt graphics. I highly recommend checking it out if you don't have it, and if you do, please let me know your email address so we can hook up to play on Kali.

Grizwalter

IP: Logged
Caveman
Member # 677

posted 12-10-1999 12:49 PM     Profile for Caveman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I aggree with your assessment. Without a doubt, the graphics engine was the best in its time and is still decent even today... The enemy AI was top-notch too. This is from playing just the demo version.

I think it was never well publicized and suffered because of this. Also, it is a bit "under" the standards of a hardcore sim as far as avionics goes. All in all though, it was very well done. I loved playing JF1 and JF2. Everone raved about how beautiful EF2000 and ADF were yet JF3 came out about the same time and was far superior graphics wise (much less pixely at any given resolution)... Carrier landings were also very well done.

To answer your question -- no, I don't have it. I always wanted to get it but I bought a computer a few months back and have Flanker 2 and WW2F so I'm very satisfied. Although it's only $12 now, I'm not sure I see the need to get it although I still might. Jetfighter III is Fullburn, right? Or, are these two different titles?

Who knows, maybe someday I'll still get it... my email is [email protected]

Posts: 118 | From: Huntsville, AL, USA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Turbo
Member # 209

posted 12-10-1999 01:35 PM     Profile for Turbo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I agree, another under-rated sim. About a year and a half ago(I think), I played the demo and was so impressed I bought the original the next day. The author, Robert Dinnerman is one of my favorite in the business since he made one of the best trendsetting sims ever developed, F18 Interceptor on the Amiga. This was out long before Falcon.
Grizwalter
unregistered

posted 12-10-1999 04:34 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Turbo,

If you still have Fullburn, I would love to play you on the Internet. Please let me know. My email is [email protected] I am dying to find someone to play this sim with, and as you said, it is extremely underated. Unfortunately, the ability to write a sim program does not go hand in hand with the ability to market one! I'm hoping to hear back from you!

Joe (Grizwalter)

jk
unregistered

posted 12-10-1999 04:55 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
has anyone got it to work with a voodoo 3?
Grizwalter
unregistered

posted 12-10-1999 07:26 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't know about voodoo 3, but i have a monster fusion 3D accelerator, and it uses a voodoo banshee chip. setting up 3D acceleration can be tricky on this game i suppose, but it should work o.k. I realize that without the acceleration the game sucks! (Great graphics with acceleration, terrible without.) Do you have the game? Have you contacted technical support at mission studios (again, not the easiest or quickest system.) Is Voodoo 3 one of the preoffered choices on the acceleration setup screen?

Griz

Gel214th
Member # 961

posted 12-10-1999 09:07 PM     Profile for Gel214th   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Geez..this is the first I'm hearing of this title.

It really WAS underpublisised yikes.

Posts: 135 | From: Trinidad | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
grizwalter
unregistered

posted 12-10-1999 09:52 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yes...it was HUGELY underpublished!!!!!!!
Also, regarding the Voodoo chips...missionstudios' site (www.missionstudios.com) does offer updates for Voodoo chips. They don't specifically list Voodoo 3, but trust me, with them, that doesn't matter necessarily. Have you tried that upgrade patch?

Turbo
Member # 209

posted 12-11-1999 02:13 PM     Profile for Turbo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Grizwalter,

Sure thing, I'll drop you a line and we can make arrangements.

florrb
unregistered

posted 12-12-1999 10:15 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What are the system requirements(the REAL ones I mean)? I've noticed the price and been wondering about the game.
Grizwalter
unregistered

posted 12-14-1999 09:38 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, the game doesn't require a ton, which is one reason I like it--along with my Pentium (remember those) and 64 Meg Ram. Anyway, a Voodoo card of some kind is a
must...otherwise don't bother. This is a game that is fun. Not hard-core, and not the greatest sim of all time. Simply damn fun and challenging. I have a Pentium 233, with 64 Meg of Ram, Monster Fusion 3D card (has Voodoo Banshee chip, MMX, Direct X 7.0, and it runs like a champ on my puter. So, unless you have one with Vacuum tubes in it...you will like it. In fact, one thing I love the most about this game is that it is fun on a "non-modern" computer!

As a final note, I'd just like to say....WHOEVER HAS THIS GAME AND PLAYS ON KALI, PLEASE CONTACT ME AT [email protected] DYING TO GET MORE MULTIPLAYER FLYING IN.

Griz

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.