my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » DI Super Hornet Forum - Challenge to Viking1

Author Topic: DI Super Hornet Forum - Challenge to Viking1
daveb
Member # 173

posted 12-09-1999 08:48 AM     Profile for daveb   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Viking1,
Now that DI's SH product has been released. Could we have a dedicated forum?
I see Janes has one and the product isn't released AFAIK. So why not give DI SH a forum?
I suspect you'll be getting more activity than Close Combat 3.

------------------
Best wishes,
Dave B.

Posts: 613 | From: Windsor, UK | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
arrow
Member # 321

posted 12-09-1999 09:19 AM     Profile for arrow   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Viking 1,
I second daveb proposal.
Consider also the fact that DI SH will have addons in the future, so it will hopefully be a "persistent" forum.

benno
unregistered

posted 12-09-1999 02:14 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I third that one!Please give di's superhornet its own forum.That way we won't have to listen to all those janes employees moaning about s.h.(which most haven't even seen yet)and saying how good there home grown product is!((which i will buy anyway))
ta
benno

IP: Logged
Major Tom
Member # 1256

posted 12-09-1999 02:28 PM     Profile for Major Tom   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I say hold off on the DI Super Hornet forum till the US release is a month or so away.

The "island" people can do with the Jets forum for now Heh heh heh

Posts: 1352 | From: Prescott, AZ | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Judge
unregistered

posted 12-09-1999 02:43 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

The forums here don't work like that. Only companies that sponsor combatsim.com get forums dedicated to their particular titles.

Scott Elson
Member # 820

posted 12-09-1999 02:48 PM     Profile for Scott Elson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
benno,

I don't think you've heard any Jane's employees "moaning" about DI's S.H.. It is our policy to not comment on other company's products.

Elf

Posts: 185 | From: Hunt Valley, MD, USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
leafer
Member # 6

posted 12-09-1999 04:01 PM     Profile for leafer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I notice they have a very comprehensive preview of Janeís F18. When was the last time they do that for a sim before itís done? But no forum for DI's SH.

C'mon guys.

Posts: 803 | From: Alhambra, CA U.S.A | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
benno
unregistered

posted 12-09-1999 05:01 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry elf...wasn't commenting on your official party line;-) Anyway i'm sure it's going to be a very nice game/sim and when/if it arrives i will buy it.Message for our cousins across the pond: Don't buy S.H. if you haven't got the patience to try it for a while,Do play a demo before you buy,and(if only they get it rite...)buy the gold version.If tornado was anything to go by, then we should be in for a top time.(that means good)
Silent Bob
unregistered

posted 12-09-1999 05:27 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, superhornet needs it's own forum, you could title it "Piece of crap sim".

Seriously, wtf does this thing need it's own forum for? If you notice the games that usually get their own forums are the ones that are getting a very large amount of posts. This game just doesn't have that buzz, nor will it. In fact when this hits the states i'll guarantee you'll hear more screams of "Piece of crap" than you will "Awesome game".

daveb
Member # 173

posted 12-10-1999 02:21 AM     Profile for daveb   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Reasons for having its own forum:
1) It's software that has been released.
It's the first of the Hornet sims to have a wide audience
2) B17 2 and Janes are not released yet.
3) Comments about SH concern a released product unlike comments on a beta which are subject to change and which are less accurate.
4) It's not Janes (just joking!)
5) It's European and Viking1 has always tried to encourage a world wide following.
6) It comes from an established sim developer
7) Close Combat: Battle of the Bulge has had 8 posts. More comments than that have already been passed on this sim.
8) It encourages debate and enthusiasm in general and give Combatsim more coverage.
9) It might help existing buyers of the software to influence development/maintenance of the product.

10) Coz I say so!

Bluesy
Member # 1248

posted 12-10-1999 02:32 AM     Profile for Bluesy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
daveb im with you on your number 10. youre the man and just tell them what to do ;-)
Posts: 40 | From: Copenhagen, Denmark | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
leafer
Member # 6

posted 12-10-1999 02:33 AM     Profile for leafer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Silent Bob,

what's wtf?

Posts: 803 | From: Alhambra, CA U.S.A | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Yorkshire Tea
Member # 170

posted 12-10-1999 04:57 AM     Profile for Yorkshire Tea   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'll add my vote for a SH forum - wether you like the sim or not, putting all discussions in a specific forum would make the Jets forum tidier.
Posts: 315 | From: leeds | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Admin
Administrator
Member # 1

posted 12-10-1999 10:33 AM     Profile for Admin   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Guys,

Judge was correct when he said that we only create dedicated forums for titles that support this site via advertising. That's why Close Combat: Battle of the Bulge gets a forum and fans of F/A-18 Super Hornet have to go begging.

Yes, this sucks. Yes, I wish it were otherwise. Yes, we have to stick to our guns on this.

The hard reality is, it's that support (re: money) that keeps this site operational.

Now, all that said, I am trying to flange-up an arrangement where everybody (you, us, and the publisher) gets what they need to be happy.

------------------
Douglas Helmer
Forum Administrator
[email protected]

Posts: 2792 | From: COMBATSIM.COM | Registered: Sep 99  |  IP: Logged
daveb
Member # 173

posted 12-10-1999 11:13 AM     Profile for daveb   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Aggh well Douglas, can't blame a bloke for trying!

Anyone from DI reading this? how about investing in some advertising?

------------------
Best wishes,
Dave B.

annase
unregistered

posted 12-10-1999 11:38 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
err...the game is not too bad but damage modelling= nil..wingman only brings 2 aim9's..that's it..full of aaa..no sams...but not as quiet as flanker2...like the carrier and cockpit though...
Blaze
Member # 198

posted 12-10-1999 02:08 PM     Profile for Blaze   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oops, haven't seen any ads for F2 or Jane's around here. Guess I should turn the WebWasher off once in a while? ;-)

Btw, you guys do know that there is a mailing list running for SH, don't you? http://onelist.com/subscribe/SuperHornet

Blaze

Shotgun
Member # 1005

posted 12-10-1999 02:57 PM     Profile for Shotgun   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Doggone it, that's a little disappointing from where I stand. Was this Combatsim's idea or the advertiser's?

Suppose'n Jane's decided to pay you enough to ONLY create dedicated forums for their products? Would you take it?

By the by, really the only reason companies will pay to advertise here is because we, the readers are here.

So, actually your loyalty should be to them what read the stuff you write, causin' if we go, I'd bet the advertising goes with us.

Shotgun

Posts: 199 | From: Oklahoma City, OK USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Waylander
Member # 1258

posted 12-11-1999 10:28 AM     Profile for Waylander   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Does this mean that the 'dedicated' Falcon4 forum will now be canned?

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.