my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » Help with my joystick and f15

Author Topic: Help with my joystick and f15
Fernando
Member # 1120

posted 12-09-1999 06:37 AM     Profile for Fernando   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
old two buttons Logitech Wigman that I use to fly Janes F15, ( yes, I know that I should use something better).F15 is totally imposible to land due to a over response of the joystick, my plane start moving like a yo-yo with just a little push up or down. I calibrate everytime I start a game and the problem is less notorious, but after 15 or 20 minutes flying the problem begin. Is the f15 supposed to be so delicate or I really should change my ancient joystick. Any suggestions??

Posts: 42 | From: Ecuador | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Lucky_1
Member # 352

posted 12-09-1999 07:25 PM     Profile for Lucky_1   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I had the same problems you had with the "Yo Yo" effect. After many, many crash landings I finally figured out it was not my Joystick. Here's what I found out. When landing, do not or at least try not to move the stick at all. Use the throttle to move the plane verticle and the rudders to use slight horizontal movement. Also, the most important thing to know is your aircraft's weight. Look in the ENG MPD and you'll see the weight displayed. Then look it up on the chart to see the proper verticle speed rate.

If your coming in at 50.000 llbs. gross, then your VSI should read 700 FPM or so. It takes alot of practice, took me quite some time. I'd recommend landing with a half full fuel tank and no ordanance. It tends to be easier this way. Hope this helps.

Posts: 635 | From: Knoxville, TN. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.