my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » Anyone from DI like to respond?

Author Topic: Anyone from DI like to respond?
law1
unregistered

posted 12-07-1999 07:58 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well I have SH and it is without doubt the worst sim I have ever purchased. The reasons are many and have been very well documented on this board. But that is only my opinion.

What would be welcome would be if anyone from DI would like to answer the issues which have been raised.

Any takers from DI??

IP: Logged
Raz - DI
unregistered

posted 12-07-1999 10:38 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
> Any takers from DI??

Well, I suppose that's my cue to wave a hand and say I'm still here =) Personally speaking, I've been following the threads on here as I'm really interested to see the reaction to the game. I've refrained from sticking my oar in as, until now, no one's asked me or DI a direct question.

To answer Law1: to be honest I'd prefer to see conversation continue as it has for a while yet, as I'm not sure there are any issues to be ploughed through (I'll elaborate on that in a moment).

I sorry you don't like the sim, Law1, but I don't want or need to take issue with that. If you don't like it, then you don't like it; no game can suit everyone, and you're not alone in your opinion.

What I'm pleased to see, though, is that plenty of people here do like the sim, even in some cases so far as to say its the *best* sim they've ever purchased (and all but one person likes my manual - woohoo!). A lot of what makes a sim good or bad is highly subjective, and that's fine with me.

However, if anyone is having technical problems of any kind, mail us at [email protected], rather than just relying on us spotting reports here. I'm planning to start putting any questions received into a sort of online FAQ list to be added to superhornet.com.

Raz
Digital Integration

FALCON
Member # 3

posted 12-07-1999 10:45 AM     Profile for FALCON   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Will there be a new F16 sim ?
Jackal
Member # 1202

posted 12-07-1999 11:01 AM     Profile for Jackal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Raz,
I asked that already two times at [email protected], but no answer yet :

To what extend is the German version really "germanized" ? Are only manual and menus translated or also speech in the sim (Wingmen, LSO, etc.)?
If the speech is also translated (this is usually ridiculous), I'll try to get a UK version.

Jackal

Heretic
Member # 722

posted 12-07-1999 08:02 PM     Profile for Heretic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Raz,

I'm still makingmy mind on who will win my pocket prize. In first time tou where winner, but as thou "a lot of people liked the sim" i'm still tryng to find them...
I don't like janes (i don't know why ...)
but this time i'll think i'll give them a chance.... And If i am disapointed buy your gold version.

But my mind isn't set yet and can change as i live in Bazil and things come late here. By the way do your company pretend to release it here. This can make all the diference.

Posts: 546 | From: Brasil, Rio de Janeiro | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Blaze
Member # 198

posted 12-07-1999 08:03 PM     Profile for Blaze   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Raz:

"I've refrained from sticking my oar in as, until now, no one's asked me or DI a direct question."

That's probably because you've been so quiet prior to the release, so nobody was expecting you here. ;-)

Jackal:

If there is german speech in the german version (shudder!), I'm gonna put up the english speech on my website http://1st-blaze.euhost.com , it would make an 8MB download.
Don't expect too much though, the english speech is ... uhmm ... "different" too. ;-)

Blaze

[This message has been edited by Blaze (edited 12-07-1999).]

anthonye
unregistered

posted 12-07-1999 08:28 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Raz (D.I)

May I start by saying that I have bought every flight sim that DI has produced over the years. The first one was on the ZX81 when Dave Marshall did Fighter Pilot I seem to remember, when I think he did it in his spare time before forming the company. Since then I have gone through them all from the ZX81, ST, Amiga, now the PC. D.I without a doubt produces simulators, not games. Ten years ago when I was in the trade I could sell them to people before they were in the shop where I used to work, they always had them put back after I recommended it.

But now, what's happened?

Super Hornet is the first from D.I that I have ever had to return to E.B, now that I do not sell the sims.
Apache/Havoc, F-16 first impressions were good, and got better even if the campaign was not implemented like the brilliant TORNADO. Graphics were good and gave a sense of flying, and sound also. I remember a patch for Havoc had the sound of the gear retracting after people asked for that small detail, but where is it in Super hornet. These small inclusions I realise are just extremely small niggles, but.
Terrain Graphic's in Super Hornet are a step backwards, no detail as in earlier versions, the odd bridge here and there I suppose stand out.
I have not noticed a border in the play area before leading into white lands, what happened to the generic stuff.

I cannot complain regarding the flight model, as I am not a pilot, so I will not even comment on that. But graphics in Super Hornet with the Cards that are available today, not even good. Not that the graphics are everything, but some are needed, not just the bland scenery with the lakes placed on top.

Canned missions, after we were told that you were reverting back to the Tornado type campaigns, after so many complaints in F-16, where are they now? When you account for the training missions, there is not a lot left is there.

I thought that I would have to have a lot of practice doing deck landings. I had the level up to max, landed fine with full payload and was told that I was rated at 69%, and the landing in my opiniun was really crap.

1993 saw the best sim, Tornado, which was 6 years ago remember. Looks like I had best stick to that, until D.I release another one to try.

One last comment, I always said that when D.I joined up with another company, I hope they would not be pulled down. My worry seems to have happened, I even told D.M this when I have had occasion to speak to him.

BTW did Titus do the scenery!

I have sent a copy of this to your email, so you may perhaps reply if need be.
I expect D.M would not speak to me after these comments, although I will buy the next one if the faith returns.

T.E

law1
unregistered

posted 12-08-1999 02:54 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well Raz thank you for answering.

I too agree that my dislike of the sim is just my opinion, but, and this is the big but, it seems to be just about the same opinion shared by everyone else.
Now I may be wrong but I have not seem a message from anyone who says this is the "best sim they have have ever purchase". Please let me know where that is reported.

In any event there are now many reports of the problems with the sim, which, if any, will be addressed in a patch. And here I do not mean by purchasing any add on or an additional programme, I just want to know what issues will be addressed and when.

Thanks for your input.

Jackal
Member # 1202

posted 12-08-1999 11:08 AM     Profile for Jackal   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Blaze,

thanks for tip, I noted your page down.

However, the DI "no answer"-support (since a week now) lets me really rethink my decision to buy SH. If they treat a potential customer like this, how long would I have to wait for an answer in case of problems with the sim? Not to mention patch requests, etc.

Jackal

Raz - DI
unregistered

posted 12-09-1999 04:52 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Jackal wrote:
> However, the DI "no answer"-support (since a week now) lets me really rethink my decision to buy SH.

Sorry about the delay. I'm afraid I can only see one message in the Support mailbox that matches your question (sender's name isn't "Jackal" but I guess its your real name), but that was sent on the 6th! If you wrote an earlier message, did it definately get sent out?

However, I've finally received a reply for you (had to check externally, since we don't handle translations and other production issues at DI anymore):

The localised versions have translated packaging, documentation and front-end menus. Also, the MPEGs are appropriately subtitled. In-game speech remains in English.

Apologies again for the hold-up.

Raz
Digital Integration

Bluesy
Member # 1248

posted 12-09-1999 07:07 AM     Profile for Bluesy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Raz when will you update the superhornet homepage, so it will tell that the sim is out now, and how about making a forum so you guys can give us some support instead of the email adress that we cant get a reply on, this must be a minimum today unless you think your product have to many faults, so you dont want hear from us.

one last thing is, you write at the homepage that the sim will be out in rest of europe dec. 10“th but how about telling the importers/distrbuters, because i had to tell it to the one we have here in denmark, he didnt know that this sim was comming out, but now he hopes to be able to have it at the stores tomorrow, but as he says he didnt have time enough to order it from you, so it might be delayed.

i have enjoyed other of the sims you have made, but the support has allways been missing the messageboard/respond, if you correct this i think you will be able to get a lot of info about what to correct in patches and in the gold version this could make this a perfect sim.

merry christmas and happy new year

Dennis
Top Secret Governmental information should remain top secret...
Except from the Americans, Australians, English etc... Please support
Echelon!

Posts: 40 | From: Copenhagen, Denmark | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Turbo
Member # 209

posted 12-09-1999 08:28 AM     Profile for Turbo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Raz,
Just one question. When can we expect to see a demo of Super Hornet?

Bluesy
Member # 1248

posted 12-09-1999 07:40 PM     Profile for Bluesy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Turbomy best gues is never, the demo that is around is not official, and i dont think di will make a demo maybe because they think the sim is to bad (unfortunally im going to buy the sim) and are afraid they will loose custemors.

dennis

If you use PGP cryptography, a lot of people will lose their fundings!
Support Echelon! Use weak cryptography!

Bluesy
Member # 1248

posted 12-12-1999 11:14 AM     Profile for Bluesy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
RAZ - DI

can you explain this taken from superhornet.dk

What's more, F/A-18E Super Hornet features breathtaking cutting edge 3D visuals and visual 3D terrain including towns, bridges, industrial facilities, rivers and roads all modelled from satellite data.

and where is that in the game????

Bluesy

Raz - DI
unregistered

posted 12-13-1999 04:13 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi guys,

Regarding a demo: the only reason one hasn't appeared yet is because of the usual deals in place with various magazines who all want their own demo to give away. When that runs its course, we'll get a demo ready to download from www.superhornet.com

And Bluesy: all of the things mentioned in that quote are in Super Hornet - seek and ye shall find =) Whether you consider them "breathtaking cutting edge 3D visuals" is something only you can decide!

Raz
DI

law1
unregistered

posted 12-13-1999 05:25 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well Raz, are you going to respond to the question about the patch?

Thank you

Tracer
Member # 259

posted 12-13-1999 01:01 PM     Profile for Tracer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well Bluesy each to there own?
I played a copy of SH from a friend and i must say the factories and vehicles are excellently done in very much a proper scale with the in-game plane.
When you drop/launch a weapon watch it with the Ctrl+F9 and Shft+F8,Ctrl+F8 keys the detail is immense! Wheels will blow off vehicles when you hit them the CBU affects are the best i have seen-Better than F4,F15!
(Although some planes on the ground had *no* wheels,whoops!)If this game had an ACMI and some tweeks to the Wingman menu/graphical glitches and finaly a *Dynamic Campaign* it would be a classic????
Maybe when the Mission disk is released??????
Game play is everything in this game, granted the visuals are not on par with USAF but then i got sick of repeated missions in that game!With this it's serious mud moving and will sit well next to Jane's F-18 when the Mission disk is coupled with it(only if it is dynamic mind?).
But then that's my opinion?

Posts: 681 | From: Edinburgh,Scotland | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bluesy
Member # 1248

posted 12-13-1999 04:30 PM     Profile for Bluesy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
okay just ogt the game, and its quite good graphics not as good as was reading on superhornet.com but alot better than it was on my friends computer, he must have mad an error in the setup.

bluesy

Lud von Pipper
Member # 82

posted 12-13-1999 05:29 PM     Profile for Lud von Pipper   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Raz (or anyone who knows):
I'm interested in buying your sim (as soon as it will be available here in italy ), but first I'd like to know if you included support for the Ur-Gear helmet from Union Reality.
Sent a message on the support mail some time ago, but I'm still waiting for reply.

Posts: 273 | From: Italy | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Lud von Pipper
Member # 82

posted 12-15-1999 09:20 PM     Profile for Lud von Pipper   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
...silence...

Well Raz, now I know why is better to leave this thing on the shelves (just give a look to other forums)

arrow
Member # 321

posted 12-16-1999 02:31 AM     Profile for arrow   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ciao Lud,
for what I know (I got SH since two days) there's no mention of UR Gear support either in the manual or the readme.
Don't know if it means that it doesn't work...

Besides this, if you accept a suggestion by a paisą, give it a chance.

I found it a really nice sim, and I'm enjoying it a lot...

Lud von Pipper
Member # 82

posted 12-16-1999 07:19 PM     Profile for Lud von Pipper   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanx arrow:
may be (just may be) I'll give it a try
ciao.

LvP

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.