my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » SH: Funny, isn't it?

Author Topic: SH: Funny, isn't it?
Blaze
Member # 198

posted 12-07-1999 05:07 AM     Profile for Blaze   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Let me throw you some quotes:

"In order that the speech content is as good as it possibly can be within the final product, and works within the context in which it was intended, we have recorded it in house without actors enabling us to improve it and change it where necessary without extra cost. Please excuse the bad accents."

Oh well, you think, that explains all.
But here comes:

"For the final product we will bring in the actors."

ROFL!

Next we have:

"Although this F18 Demo is limited to 640 x 480 the final product will support the following resolutions.

640 x 480
800 x 600
1024 x 768
1152 x 864
1280 x 960"

Well, now you know at least the source for the quotes, but you may be left wondering what happened to those resolutions in the final product ...

And one more:

" Feature Polygons.

Feature polygons are polygons like lakes, roads, rivers etc. These currently look awful! These will be updated in the final product to the same standard as the rest of the 3D Visual."

No comment. :-)

Well, now we know why DI didn't release that demo officially.

Blaze

law1
unregistered

posted 12-07-1999 06:39 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I agree, this is the worst, without any exception, sim it has ever been my misfortune to spend 's on.

It is an incomplete shambles. F4 is, and remains, full of bugs. F2 has many problems- but this load of rubbish is worse than all those bugs and problems put together. F4 or F2 at their very worse are far better than this sim. I can honestly not find anything which redeems it at all.

DO NOY BUY IT.... you have been warned.

It is interesting to note that no one from DI has the nerve to answer any of the messages in this forum. Speaks volumns don't you think.

IP: Logged
law1
unregistered

posted 12-07-1999 06:40 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I agree, this is the worst, without any exception, sim it has ever been my misfortune to spend 's on.

It is an incomplete shambles. F4 is, and remains, full of bugs. F2 has many problems- but this load of rubbish is worse than all those bugs and problems put together. F4 or F2 at their very worse are far better than this sim. I can honestly not find anything which redeems it at all.

DO NOY BUY IT.... you have been warned.

It is interesting to note that no one from DI has the nerve to answer any of the messages in this forum. Speaks volumns don't you think.

IP: Logged
FALCON
Member # 3

posted 12-07-1999 06:45 AM     Profile for FALCON   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I agree but I am still waiting for my Falcon 4.0 3D cockpit

[This message has been edited by FALCON (edited 12-07-1999).]

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.