my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » Sim designer system specs

Author Topic: Sim designer system specs
Beirut
Member # 32

posted 12-06-1999 06:01 PM     Profile for Beirut     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I had a thought (how rare) during dinner; what kind of systems are these sims designed on? I'm assuming it's commercial stuff we never see. And after the initial design is set, the program has to be run on conventional systems just to be sure they work. In the sense that F4 had to be run on a Microprose owned Pentium-Whatever with ? RAM just so they knew that the cockpit in whatever res would work, etc, etc. Now, obviously they have no shortage of cash so they're using the hottest systems available. How come they don't post the specs of the systems they use to achieve their version of peak performance. You'd figure frightening away the customer would be the answer.

This comes from Gillman Louie's posted answer to a question as to what F4 required to run properly in the designer's eyes. His answer was a PIII 800, 512 RAM, 32 Meg video card.

As an afterthought, how could Sierra release DF2 knowing that a PII 450, 16 meg card, 128 RAM (a conventional "high end" gaming system) would run the program so dismally? It must have been tested in-house on a system like this, or is it possible is wasn't?

Posts: 382 | From: Quebec, Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.