my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » what is the best flight sim?

Author Topic: what is the best flight sim?
ihabia
unregistered

posted 12-02-1999 04:03 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
what is the best flight sim?
IP: Logged
IOIOOIIOI
unregistered

posted 12-02-1999 05:56 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OH, PLEASE, DON'T START IT MAN!!!!!!!!!
tomcat
Member # 425

posted 12-02-1999 06:11 PM     Profile for tomcat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"X" is THE best sim EVER!! It has perfect realism, sweet graphics which don't kill framerate, and the only time I see my desktop is when I hit the exit button in this awesome sim. It's the most detailed attempt at air combat ever, for sure. Wingmen are great, they've saved my butt I don't know how many times when I've been in a pinch. They're better at employing weapons/radar then I could ever hope to be, and you should SEE the dynamic campaign!! Works absolutely perfect, and I average about 40fps, but it only drops that low when the action really heats up. ATC gets a jet to land every 35 seconds exactly every time, and I've never been sent to land on a runway which has aircraft sitting on the threshold.
Anyone watch the Simpsons? "In case you couldn't tell, I was BEing sarcastic." -Homer. Also, that Dennis Leary song may apply here, "I'm a jerk", or something it was called
This sim, ihabia, is the best sim ever, but in case you haven't caught on, it doesn't exist. Everyone likes something different, so, no offence, but you might as well have come on here and said. "What's the best food?" The answer would be just as easy.
It's broccoli, of course.

Posts: 298 | From: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada JCN:strafe_rag | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
SGAV8R
Member # 638

posted 12-02-1999 06:20 PM     Profile for SGAV8R   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I prefer Cajun Chicken :-)
Posts: 667 | From: Singapore | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
BLACK ANGEL
unregistered

posted 12-02-1999 06:37 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The best flight sim is when you play
"SPACE INVADERS" on ATARI, and all
Falconers and Flankerers are watching
and drooling.

slingshot
unregistered

posted 12-02-1999 06:42 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The title is really thought-provoking

Me like River Raid, good to play with that extra stiff joystick.

Major Tom
unregistered

posted 12-03-1999 04:51 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I always fancied the game 1942 in the arcades.

Great WW2 pacific theator flight sim, no dynamic campaign, but I still loved it.

JT
Member # 310

posted 12-03-1999 07:19 PM     Profile for JT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You can download the best flight sim ever made....
http://www.lerc.nasa.gov/WWW/K-12/aerosim/applet/vj402.html

The graphics are very immersive!

[This message has been edited by JT (edited 12-03-1999).]

BLACK ANGEL
unregistered

posted 12-03-1999 07:23 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
JT
COOL SITE

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.