my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » Which sim???

Author Topic: Which sim???
Trent
unregistered

posted 11-08-1999 03:10 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey I want to be an F/A-18 pilot more than anything in the world!! But Im only 13 so I have to play sims. Which F/A-18 sim would be the best for me to play untill I can joint he Navy?? I also want a joystick, throttle, and rudder peddles. Can I have some recomendations on those??

Thanks!!

IP: Logged
SPOT
Member # 453

posted 11-08-1999 04:05 PM     Profile for SPOT   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well if you want to fly an FA18 simulation demo for free you can download the FA18 done by GraphicSim.Try http://www.graphsim.com/
The graphics are not accelerated but you will find the avionics enough to keep you busy. And the flight model is believable. No carrier landing in demo - just runways and other jets wanting to shot you down. The download is I believe about 19MB.
Controls.I use a Microsoft Precision Pro which works but the rudder controls are in the handle-what you want is something more realistic. I'm sure someone will post after me about Hands-On-Throttle-Hands-On-Stick (HOTAS) systems and rudders. But do try the download. If you want to go in the Navy one other thing you may want to check. I don't know where you are posting from but if you are near the ocean you may want to have your parents take you on a glass-bottom boat tour or fishing off a charter boat. You need to find out how you handle seasickness. That is important.

[This message has been edited by SPOT (edited 11-08-1999).]

[This message has been edited by SPOT (edited 11-08-1999).]

Impaler
Member # 131

posted 11-08-1999 04:10 PM     Profile for Impaler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Join the air cadets and start with flying glider's. do all your school work and don;t do drugs.

Only a select few get to fly the F/A-18 especially for the US navy. It's good to seee you are interested.

As far as sims go Janes and DI Both have a F/A-18 Sim comming out soon. I don't know which will be better. I will buy janes first and wait and see what the people on here have to say about DI's. Try Flanker 2.0 as you will have to know about foreign aircraft as well.

Posts: 308 | From: an island in the pacific | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.