my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » To Matt Wagner

Author Topic: To Matt Wagner
SuperGroove
Member # 771

posted 11-05-1999 11:09 PM     Profile for SuperGroove   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Matt,

Thanks for replying to the posts here regarding F-15 and F/A-18 a product which is now receiving quite a bit of attention. How is F/A-18 coming along? I remember CJ Martin once saying that F/A-18 WILL ship December of 99, unless something big happens. Well I guess something big happened. What was it? Also, since it's pretty close to December, are you guys pretty close to the point where you're doing nothing with the sim and just testing it? Are there any future plans for F/A-18? I remember rumors of F-15 having a Gold Pack like Longbow had, but that never materialized.

F-15 was a REALLY great sim, and puts Flanker 2.0 to shame, in terms of features. Shows how you guys raised the bar, even though you left out a feature that could've made this one of the greatest, if not THE greatest sim of all time. I couldn't care less if F-15 had a dynamic campaign, I just think F-15 should've had...oops rambling on!

Anyways, I hope to see some support for F/A-18, besides patching. Will there be something like a dynamic campaign add-on pack for F/A-18? Or having another plane to fly? Like the F/A-18C,D, or F?

Thank you for your time,

Paul

Posts: 800 | From: Colorado | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
vakero
Member # 418

posted 11-05-1999 11:34 PM     Profile for vakero   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If there is going to be an add-on aircraft to fly, I would imagine it would be an F-14, or maybe even the EA-6. I don't think it would be that cool to downgrade to a lesser version of the F-18. Just my opinion though.
Posts: 84 | From: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
JayP
unregistered

posted 11-06-1999 08:19 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My impression is that Jane's has claimed that F/A-18 will mark a return to the open architecture of the USNF/ATF series, which might lend itself to the production of add-ons.

I think CJ presented compelling reasons some time ago to prefer making an F/A-18 sim to an F-14 sim. Even if he is right that an F-14 sim wouldn't be very successful on it's own, if Jane's has half a clue they'll release an F-14 add on. It's safe to say they'd sell a lot of units. Some people might even buy F/A-18 just to fly the F-14!

F/A-18 seems to be taking the best of F-15 (which is a lot) and filling in the gaps that were left in that game. I'd like to see at some point in the relatively near future an F-15 Gold that pulled F-15 up to F/A-18's standards (in the same way that USNF97 brought USNF up to ATF's standards). It would be fantastic if these two products were compatible for multiplay, but I don't expect that to ever happen.

IP: Logged
Matt Wagner
Member # 778

posted 11-06-1999 02:05 PM     Profile for Matt Wagner   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Supergroove--

F/A-18 is coming along very well thanks. We just hit a major milstone this past week with flying colors. We've been doing some coop multiplay missions on the office LAN and have been having a ball.

I'm really not sure when or if CJ said any such thing. Ever since E3, we've been holding to the mantra, "it'll be released this winter." It's still on track for that; nothing "big" happened.

Regarding post-F/A-18 projects, this simply hasn't been determined. Right now we're very focused on finishing up F/A-18.

Matt Wagner

Posts: 413 | From: Santa Rosa, CA. USA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.