my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » F15 to F18 Multplayer Bugs/Lets kill em before they start invade.

Author Topic: F15 to F18 Multplayer Bugs/Lets kill em before they start invade.
Stormin
unregistered

posted 11-01-1999 01:26 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Im confident Janes F18 will be be very satisfying to many of us in all the important ways
regarding flight. But what my concern along with others in the Vertual Sqadron arena are
the host play options and the abilites of persons to cheat. Vertual Squadrons are by far not
the only persons who fly these sims, but some issuses effect our gameplay more than the
person who flys solo or without the pressure of compittion as when you are part of a larger
groupe - we do take the SIM and flying sireously. Here are some of the downfalls In F15
that hopefully will not be in F18:

*Multi Player Issues

1. EXTERNAL VIEWS: The Host of the game dose not have the ability to DESELECT External
Views. - This allowed players from other teams an external view of your teams aircraft once
within Padlock View range, basically giving away your position through Mountains,Clouds, an
estimate of your altitude, and any tactics you may be employing. As a result, Flying without
radar, low to the deck, using mountaious cover or clouds was of no advantage.

(IN REGARDS TO ENEMY VIEW/PADLOCK SPACIFICALLY WHILE IN VERTUAL MODE) Shift F11
Command while in vertual mode.

2.ENEMY VIEW/PADLOCK RANGE and MOUNTAINS:
Enemy Padlock range on a clear day was approx. 24nm
No matter what the cercumstances. Is this realistic? I say Enemy Padlock in clear weather
should be realistically 8 to 10 miles. Maybe I'm wrong but that would make applying tactics
during multiplayer play more challenging and display the advantage of flying without radar.
and using terrain as cover.

2a. ENEMY VIEW/PADLOCKING THROUGH MOUNTAINS:
Shouldnt have to say much on this one. Simply shouldnt be possible in the sim.

3. KNOWN CHEATS:
Hitting the ESC key to cause Lag while bandit is on 6 oclock position. This allowed someone
to cause lag and cause one to overshoot or just lose the position of advantage during a
dogfight.

3a. HEX EDITORS,FLIGHT DYNAMICS, and MISSLE DYNAMICS:

Dont kow about this much other than this is what guys were using to change the dynamics
of weapons and planes. Its no fun to fight a guy on JCN who fires an Aim 9P Rear Aspect
missle from 10 miles away head to head and hit you with a head on shot when your dropping
Flares in a 25-30 degree dive with the missle at you 3 or 9 oclock.
Aim 120s were known to "Hang Around" after you spoofed em just to kill you a coulple of
minutes later. All heat seeking missles seem to use a Lag Pursuit, Is this accurate?

4.DAMAGE AND REGENERATION:
Too Much damage allowed before your out of the game.
From what Ive read you will no longer have to crach the plane to reload. But it must be
TOTALLY unreal to hit a F15 or any plane with 2 or 3 AIM 9s, or quite a few gun
rounds(23mm-Big!), or both and it still fly.

Im not pounding on Janes F15, its just that these seem to be the BIGGEST multiplayer
Issues Amonge Large numbers/many persons over the internet that have F15, aside from no
Co Op missions. We just want F18 to be better thast all and less subseptable to Cheating.
As for me I will get F18 as soon as its realeased. And I can't wait :-). I just really hope that
Janes/Electronic arts cares about the issues that we as the consumers and the players that
take full advantage of all the fetures the sim offeres.
Many that I have spoke with over the Internet with many vertual pilots in quite a few
squadrons agreed that the above list of things should be fixed or modified.

IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.