my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » What happened to the csim board oldtimers?

Author Topic: What happened to the csim board oldtimers?
SANMAN
unregistered

posted 10-31-1999 12:48 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey some of you may remember me, SANMAN, the little hellion who used to piss people off on this board a while back, and i was just wondering where everyone went. I was sorry to hear about cowboy's passing, but what ever happened to pancake, bones, disco stu, or even chuck? i fell like i'm the only one left or something, i guess you guys all went on to live bigger and better lives and i'm still in high school...
well if any of you guys are around here, or if anyone knows where any of these oldtimers alre please respond to this post, or email me at [email protected]

IP: Logged
Spectre
Member # 41

posted 10-31-1999 08:43 AM     Profile for Spectre   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bones is still around. Disco Stu was banished. Pancake shows up every once in a while. Chuck...can't recall him.

That's the sitrep...

Posts: 900 | From: Colorado | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Nanole
unregistered

posted 10-31-1999 09:09 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I remember the famous flame war between Pancake [student pilot] and Chuck [atc].
Pancake was very helpfull when I was upgrading to an Abit BH6 and Celeron 300.

Gord

GMan
unregistered

posted 10-31-1999 04:01 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I ran into Disco Stu playing Rogue Spear today. Same old, same old.
Beirut
Member # 32

posted 10-31-1999 04:25 PM     Profile for Beirut     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I remember Chuck. I had the most brutal flame wars with that guy on the original "anarchy threads" before they changed the format.

Ahhhh, the good ol' days.

Posts: 382 | From: Quebec, Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Major Tom
unregistered

posted 10-31-1999 08:11 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Aurang M. Shah-Stone

aka Disco Stu, here

I'm currently attending Embry Riddle Aeronautical University right now (Prescott AZ campus.) Around the time I stoped posting, I got my private pilots license and started to enjoy "real" flying, I've since decided to make a career out of it.

I've made my peace with Bones...Chuck...well I never did get in contact with him. I'd certainly like to make peace with him as well. I'm willing to forgive and forget if everyone else is.

Hey Beirut, I still remember that thread you did something like "jump off a building and say on the way down, hey look everyone I'm Janes F-15." We had some good times, but in retrospect, we where just being d!ckheads to eachother.

And GMan, I dont play Rogue Spear, never much cared for it, also I dont use Disco Stu as a nickname anymore, it reaks of my former immaturity.

I'm done with flaming people and getting flamed. Lets never again have boards where people get told "Get a new computer" when they ask for advice on how to speed up their old one.

I give my word that I will be civil and respectfull to everyone from now on. Being spitefull and mean doesn't help anyone in the long run. We all share a common love for combat simulations.

daveb
Member # 173

posted 11-01-1999 09:12 AM     Profile for daveb   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Disco Stu would never have said that sir :-)

------------------
Best wishes,
Dave B.

Posts: 613 | From: Windsor, UK | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
LeadHead
Member # 184

posted 11-08-1999 08:29 AM     Profile for LeadHead   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Major Tom:

*Clap, clap, clap, clap*

Well said!

Posts: 775 | From: PiteŚ, Norrbotten, Sweden. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Chuck
unregistered

posted 11-08-1999 06:27 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is Chuck. The real deal.

I am still around, even though I do not post anymore. Guess I got tired of it.

No more ATC for me, I'm in college (again).

I was on simhq for a while, but this dickhead Outlaw pissed me off. He could post whatever he wanted, but if posted just the slightest insult, they would remove your thread. So I settled down and gave up.

I remember Beirut, that Canadian guy that works with cement. (if i remember correctly) I still see bones, but F15 isn't the hot topic anymore. I think Cullion wanted him for prez and me for vice prez. Disco Stu....his folks MUST have listend to me and took away his computer, LOL. Pancake...not much of him either...ATC STILL RULES!!...LOL.

I too miss the old boards. As much as we were tasteless, foul-mouthed and immature, we did have class and provided with some top notch entertainment. Now that all these boards look the same, and you have to look at the whole thread before you can see who all participates, its kinda lame. It's not the same anymore.

And finally, as for Chuck's takes on things:

My F4 still doesn't work worth a crap. I really do want to play this sim, but it just won't crash. MP screwed the pooch on this one big time. A whole year later and still no workee....what a shame.

F2 - hardcore to the bone, but kinda lame. They did a wonderful job with this simulation except for the fact that it just feels like nothing is going on. Those three times that I actually did get Falcon to work must have spoiled me. Russian avionics suck too. No wonder Iraq got their butts waxed, they counldn't see anything. All in all, F2 is an excellent simulation, but thats about it, the entertainment value just isn't there for me. Call me silly, but I just can't dig killing US aircraft, even if they are fake. Uncle Sam must have messed up my head a little. It's a keeper, though, even if just for the carrier traps and the awesome graphics....Plus, it doesnt CRASH...GET IT MICROPROSE...DOESN'T CRASH...thank you.

Mig Alley...waiting on US release. Same for DI superhornet. FS 2000...bug infested...crashes. FU III...flame me, but 4 frames a second just doesnt cut it, even if it is in scenic washington. FLY!...someone puked on the ground..terrible terrain, but nice aircraft.

My biggie is gonna be Janes F18...hopefully will be as good or better than F15 was. Maybe then me and bones can start back up again. But since F4 will not work for me, I have no basis for arguement...lol.

Major Tom...if you are disco stu, (the real name is right at least), then you don't have to make peace with me. This is all just about games, its not like we called each other's mothers bad names. (or did we?). All I need from you is an admittance that JSF is not a real flight sim and that you said that just to get our feathers ruffled. No apologies needed, and no offense taken.

Nice sticking my head back in, thanks for remembering me...lol

Chuck
unregistered

posted 11-08-1999 06:28 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
**** , almost forgot.

I do remember you sanman.

I remember the name, but thats about it. Can't remember about your posts.

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.