my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » Jane's F-18 (Page 2)

This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Author Topic: Jane's F-18
Lud von Pipper
Member # 82

posted 11-05-1999 07:33 PM     Profile for Lud von Pipper   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Blaze:
In this case, may be DI Super Hornet will do...

Posts: 273 | From: Italy | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Scott Elson
Member # 820

posted 11-06-1999 11:37 AM     Profile for Scott Elson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Stormin

I can't remember about the hit sounds in F/A-18, I'll have to check. We didn't have them in F-15 since we pass the damage and not what did it. Multiplayer is a lot different in F/A-18 though so if I'm not doing it already (I can't remember)I'll take a look and see if I can sneak the data along in another packet (I'm not going to give it its own message).

I'll let you know for sure in a day or two.

Elf

Posts: 185 | From: Hunt Valley, MD, USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Scott Elson
Member # 820

posted 11-07-1999 08:03 PM     Profile for Scott Elson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, you will hear when you are getting hit by bullets and missiles in multiplayer.

Elf

Posts: 185 | From: Hunt Valley, MD, USA | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
iCeb0mB
Member # 65

posted 11-07-1999 08:58 PM     Profile for iCeb0mB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
oh well i am not a hard core person but i do LOVE to fly and i am waiting for F-18 frankly i am waiting for a long time for some company to produce a sim for F14D's but no one listens *grumble* sue me kill me hang me but i luv TOP GUN and everytime i watch that movie i want a sim for that anyways coming back to topic till now all looks fine and i cant wait to have my hands on the baby checked out USAF and liked it

just one question i have in mind will the sim have training mission like in Longbow 2 ?? in which trainer GUIDES you through now that would be kewl !! thanx for be supportive ppl atleast we know that we are heard

iCe-b0mB

Posts: 451 | From: Pakistan | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
tomcat
Member # 425

posted 11-08-1999 07:18 PM     Profile for tomcat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah!!! Make an F-14D sim! (Looks like they're already guaranteed to sell at LEAST 2 copies! ) That would be cool, to have a new, realistic sim dedicated to Tomcats. I still play Fleet Defender from time to time, something a bit more modern would be my ultimate sim. Until then, however, I'll certainly get by with Jane's Hornet sim, too bad it won't be out till after Christmas, when I'll be back at school. Won't be able to play it, what with ma schoolin' 'n all! (Yeah, that's it!) Really though, can't wait for that game to be released, I pore over every new bit of info I can find daily, that's gonna be sweeeet.. Heard about the comms in it, man, I hope they jam every non-FPS killing detail into this thing possible.. Hope Jane's catches an OK-3 with this one, and by the looks of previews/screenshots (reflecting water? Individual plane spooling sounds?? Awesome!)They will.
Tomcats Forever! (Hate to admit it, but I'm really starting to like E/F Hornets, thanks in advance for a great CVN air sim)

Posts: 298 | From: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada JCN:strafe_rag | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
CV- USN ret
unregistered

posted 11-08-1999 08:01 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ick F-14D skypig... Sorry 10 years in the Navy and Im still not impressed with anything the F-14 can do besides a Pheonix Intercept.. other than that its a waste of Hanger and Deck Space... Sorry seen every other fighter in the world kick its a$$ in mock dogfighting when we went on Dets. F\A-18 and the 16 are kings of the US inventory..

F-14A\D Hanger deck Queen with broken wing sweep actuators and hydrolic problems... ask any jet mech or F-14 pilot given the chance they would trasition to a Hornet in a New York Minute..

IP: Logged
JimG
Member # 153

posted 11-08-1999 08:47 PM     Profile for JimG   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Psssst...don't tell anyone the Tomcat is a hangar queen...the Soviets were scared to death of her for a long time. She may be getting old, but in her time she was an awesome long range missile platform. The Phoenix was something to be scared of.
Posts: 1012 | From: Columbia, S.C. | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
GunFighter 6
unregistered

posted 11-09-1999 04:54 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Stormin.

relax okay. you talk like youre life depends on it.
they are still sims, and i am not comparing if you noticed.

i just said until it is released lets all continue to play F4.
i am making no comparison.

GunFighter 6
313th VFS

tomcat
Member # 425

posted 11-09-1999 06:21 AM     Profile for tomcat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Any Tomcat driver I've ever seen on TV/talked to/read about loves 'em..Maybe they're just biased, but personally, I've never heard 'em say anything bad..Mostly it's at least praise for the Turkey. Not saying you're wrong buy any means CVN, you may have had the coolest job on here if ya ask me..Just sticking up for my plane a little. Just my opinions..(don't want to get into a fight with someone who knows the business even better than me.)but they are a bad fly:fix ratio jet I suppose..Read a joke once where someone said 'What do you call a whole squadron of Tomcats flying together? A miracle..' Probably said about any plane I suppose, but oh well..
BTW, what did you do on CVs? I think I read you were part of an F/A-18 outfit...

Posts: 298 | From: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada JCN:strafe_rag | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
vakero
Member # 418

posted 11-09-1999 06:49 AM     Profile for vakero   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey people, there's a dedicated message board for Jane's F-18 now.
Posts: 84 | From: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
CV -USN ret
unregistered

posted 11-09-1999 09:49 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
eheh ya Tomcat thats about right =) the Tom was my favorite jet before I joined the Navy but after seeing what a Maintenance nightmare they are in real life I changed my mind. Top Gun and other glamourized hollywood productions show a F-14 that can outdogfight at close range smaller more Agile fighters that in real life eat the poor cat for lunch in a knifefight. while I still LOVE the AWG-9 and the Pheonix its just showing its age. when you get inside a Tomcat its like getting into a Antique everything analog.
Getting into the Hornets we work on is like stepping into a Video game. I was an Avionics Tech 2nd Class (AT2) and held the Plane Captain Qualification for the F\A-18C and D
with VFA-105 and VFA-106 NAS Cecil Field. from 1988-1995
if yall have any systems questions feel free to ask =)
Needless to say Ill be spending ALOT of time in Janes F-18 =)

tomcat
Member # 425

posted 11-09-1999 02:25 PM     Profile for tomcat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Still my fav, even though they've got their faults, I've liked them and read about 'em for so long that I'm a tad biased, always will be my favorite jet though, but as much as I used to dislike F/A-18E/Fs, -for obvious reasons- I'm liking 'em a lot more now..(Jane's F/A-18 certainly isn't hurting my opinion of em). Much as I hate to admit it, Top Gun is what started me on the CVN/USN/Tomcat liking stuff, but I like to think I've 'matured' since then.. It's easy to learn about stuff when you find it as interesting as I do. Got my first USN book 'Supercarriers' in 91 I think, and now at 21 I've read everything I could. I can talk about this stuff all day (just ask my girlfriend ) Pancake, Beavertail, LSO, JBD, CATCC, miniboss, modex, SLUF, etc...
Another neat CAG plane to see in F/A-18 would be that 'Chippy Ho' Hornet from VFA-?. I think anyways, that might fall under the like it or hate it category..

CV -USN ret
unregistered

posted 11-09-1999 03:21 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ya I was just looking at that jet.. I prefer Golden Dragons CAG bird it is GORGEOUS!!! Black and Gold... but neither of those jets are regulation CAG birds in the Atlantic Fleet too flashy could be seen 20 miles out with all the colors most of the CAG birds I have seen were either painted in the Old Viet Nam Gloss Grey and White or still the Flat Grey with Colored logos and Squad Badging.. Been to NAS Lemoore home of the Pacific Hornets and never seen anything as flashy as Chippy or Golden Dragon 00 must be a little more relaxed for the squadrons fwd deployed to Japan..
Stormin
unregistered

posted 11-12-1999 04:53 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

*GUNFIGHTER
Peace Be with you. :-)

*SCOTT
Thanks for the info about the damage sounds.

In F-15 ground troops are harmless and would not fire at eachother. The AAA battteries are really unrealistic and very non agressive.
Will the ground forces/troops engage in fighting during a mission,multiplayer,and campaign? and will the AAA be better?

Stormin

All times are MST (US)
This topic is comprised of pages:  1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.