my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » When is Jane's F/A-18 sim coming out?

Author Topic: When is Jane's F/A-18 sim coming out?
mbaxter
Member # 191

posted 10-30-1999 05:51 PM     Profile for mbaxter   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I read the preview with great interest, but when does it come out?
Posts: 1687 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Matt Wagner
unregistered

posted 10-30-1999 06:01 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It will be released this winter.

Matt Wagner

IP: Logged
JayP
unregistered

posted 10-31-1999 08:11 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My guess is that means in February. After all, March is Spring, right?
Jake Strafer
Member # 600

posted 11-01-1999 09:53 PM     Profile for Jake Strafer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
EB has it for Jan. 19, 2000. I took back Flanker 2.0 and exchanged it for a preorder copy. Got 5 bucks back.
Posts: 239 | From: Burlington, NC, USA | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
mbaxter
Member # 191

posted 11-02-1999 04:38 AM     Profile for mbaxter   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You returned F2 so you could place an early order on Jane's F/A-18? Wow...F2 that bad? Don't mean to get off subject but I'm pretty disappointed by the number of flight-sim buffs who don't like F2 to the point where they are returning it. What's the deal?
Posts: 1687 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
vakero
Member # 418

posted 11-02-1999 11:25 PM     Profile for vakero   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I haven't played F2, but judging from that F-18 preview, Jane's F-18 is going to put all the current hardcore sims to shame in virtually every aspect (except maybe a fully dynamic campaign like F4).
Posts: 84 | From: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
daveb
Member # 173

posted 11-03-1999 01:56 AM     Profile for daveb   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Try Mig Alley. In terms of playability it's not far behind F4. (I don't have F2 yet so I cannot comment). But Yes, Janes F18 does look very interesting but I'd rather wait till closer the release date before I get overexcited :-

------------------
Best wishes,
Dave B.

Posts: 613 | From: Windsor, UK | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Dino
Member # 74

posted 11-05-1999 12:33 PM     Profile for Dino   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
F2 is losing out due to the lack of ATC feedback. What a damn shame they would not put that in the simulation.
Posts: 206 | From: Millbrae, CA USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
CV- USN ret
unregistered

posted 11-05-1999 06:43 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Welp if Janes cant beat F2. I will never ever buy another sim again.. I must say the current offering from SSI is WAY below standard. yes the Flight model is very nice as the GFX are very cool.. but that dont make up for gameplay.. which it has very little.. in F4 and older sims they make you feel like you are really a pilot they add to the supension of disbelief.. F2 is exactly what it says it is.. it is a simulation of the Aircraft itself.. there are no comms, NO taking on the radio to make you feel as you are there.. just Bitching betty and the warning horns... thats it nothing else.

nothing moves everything besides your flight and enemy fighters stand still ships stay put tanks and field equipment stay static. just not cool.. Janes is gonna rip them a new one. plus Im a Navy guy through and through so this is my sim... Look for a Virtual VFA-105 squadron forming if Janes F\A-18 is everything they are promising... Looking for present Navy and Ex Navy techs Officers Ect.. to staff =))

Thrasher
Member # 335

posted 11-07-1999 10:45 AM     Profile for Thrasher   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It is said that Jane's F/A-18 is going to be
for the Hornet what Falcon was for the F-16.

Those clouds are absolutely gorgeous! And
I believe this is going to be the first
sim featuring probe 'n drogue refueling...

I can't wait......I just can't wait.

btw, I heard Jan. 2000 too.

------------------
Thrasher, 313th VFS

Posts: 139 | From: Wierden, Ov, The Netherlands | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Screamer
Member # 618

posted 11-08-1999 07:36 AM     Profile for Screamer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You guys are talking about REAL Flying These Flt sims Need the T.F.S. Coding in them!!!!
We need to get that message across to the companys who are designing them....

Are they planning on programing USAF & F/A-18 B-17 II with InteliVibe codeing????
I would Love to "Feel" The AB kick in and a C.V. Launch!!! For Real!!!!!!! TFS ROCKS!!!!!

Check it out Guys http://www.vrf.com
there is Allready support for Nascar3, Nascar Legends,Warbirds, Workin on it hope on next
patch....& Others also O.T.W.

Scott "Screamer"

Posts: 12 | From: Wa. | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Scout
Member # 657

posted 11-08-1999 01:50 PM     Profile for Scout   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah looks nice, if a little nuttsy

But what's up with the "subwoofer up your a$$"-stuff? Reading thier FAQ looks like some posts on the Usenet. If they wanna look professional, they better loose this cheap shot at their competitors. Just my $0.02

Cheers,
Scout

Posts: 715 | From: Israel | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Screamer
Member # 618

posted 11-11-1999 08:33 AM     Profile for Screamer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No scout that is not what it means the statement is meant this way....

The T.F.S. has NO Speakers so you dont need to blow everyone outta your house or room...
I.E. "A Subwoofer UNDER your *** !!!" it is done with tactile vibrations not loud Volume causing a shaking....It is AWESOME!!!!!

thanx
Scrm

Posts: 12 | From: Wa. | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.