my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » New Order of Battle for EF2000 Campaign!

Author Topic: New Order of Battle for EF2000 Campaign!
Box-man
Member # 634

posted 10-23-1999 09:57 PM     Profile for Box-man   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
As dynamic and unpredictable as the EF2000 campaign is, one gripe Iíve always had is that the theatre is overpopulated with EF2000ís and SU-35ís, and vastly underpopulated with the more conventional (and numerous) aircraft types like the F-16, F-18, Mig-29, Mig-27, etc. Now, I understand this war is supposed to be set in the year 2006 but nonetheless this order of battle is just not realistic at all.

So, what I've done is changed the order of battle, in other words, the inventory, of the NATO and Russian airforces in the game. One of my biggest beefs with the original campaign is that EF2000's and SU-35's are vastly over-represented while the many other aircraft types in the game are rarely seen at all.

With the new order of battle, you'll find yourself fighting a more realistic war, where EF2000's only make up a small portion of the NATO combat aircraft inventory (instead of 90% as in the original) and SU-35's similiarly make up a small portion of the Russian inventory. The majority of the NATO and Russian inventories are now comprised of the more "common" aircraft that you normally never see in the campaign, like F-15's, F-16's, Mig-27's, and many more.

Both sides now have a realistic force composition based on estimates of what NATO and Russia will have in service in the year 2008, which is the time period EF2000 is set in. It really breathes new life into the campaign. Enjoy!

On my site, go to the EF2000 section and you'll find it there. http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Corridor/8603/homepage.htm

Snakeyes
Member # 273

posted 10-23-1999 11:05 PM     Profile for Snakeyes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Box-man,

That sounds interesting...

I have a copy of the original EF2000 for DOS and I've lost the copy of Tactcom I ordered from the UK.

My question is this, if I pick up a copy of EF2000 V2.0 will it work with Win98? I don't suppose it will like my TNT video card. Will it work with Glide? Any known problems with VooDoo2's SLI'd? Is the Tactcom update included in V2.0?

------------------
Snakeyes

Posts: 50 | From: Scottsdale, Arizona, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Zrag
unregistered

posted 10-24-1999 12:25 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
In reply does new campaign work with
EF2000 V2.0 - YES. I am running Win 95
install. Unziped it, and took contents of
one campaign folder and pasted into the
EF2000 V2.0 "program" folder - EASY .
And started campaign - with "continue
campaign" button. Starts at first day of
war. The add-on comes with instructions/info.
EF2000 is a great game, I agree makes it more realistic.
Good Job.

IP: Logged
Box-man
Member # 634

posted 10-24-1999 02:55 PM     Profile for Box-man   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks. I have only tested it with Super EF2000 - the Win95 version of EF2000v2.0. As for the 3dfx and Rendition versions I don't know, but I imagine it would work fine.

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.