my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » Action replays in flight sims

Author Topic: Action replays in flight sims
Phil47
Member # 658

posted 10-23-1999 09:59 AM     Profile for Phil47     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
As a keen fan of the old "Mono et Mono", close up and personal dogfight scenario, I have often wondered why we can't have an action replay of your dogfight included in a sim.
You can replay a flight in civilian Ms sim..

Now as a Brit living in the back of beyond , some of you Americans no doubt will list me a dozen or so sims that do.

Are there any?.......Or is this some sort of technical thing that is too complex and costly to write into a game..
I pulled of some really nifty manouvers in a Spitfire the other day, with a text book Immelman and some tasy yo yo's, which took out two BF109's.....I would have loved to have kept that flight in a library to analyse, because when I tried to repeat the same thing a day later , I completely f***** the whole thing up....Thought I repeated the manouver exactly, but obviously didn't and it would have been very handy to have seen a replay....
So fellow flyers out there. Can anyone throw some light on the subject.
Thanks....Phil ( your RAF man in Blighty...266 Limey squadren),Ha Ha .

Phil47
Member # 658

posted 10-23-1999 10:08 AM     Profile for Phil47     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oops.sorry.Should have read SQUADRON not! squadren....Looks as though my spelling may be as erratic as my flying....Phil
Stinger
Member # 15

posted 10-23-1999 11:27 AM     Profile for Stinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi Phil,

Flanker 2 will not only record your flight, allowing you to watch and edit it in any view including from in the cockpit but you can also stop the playback and jump in and take over at any point. It is a complete flight recorder...best yet IMO.

It is a great tool to make "mini movies" of your flights, offline and online. You can make VERY nice airshow movies as well.

------------------
Cheers,

Stinger

Owner of the Flanker FBO
http://www.escape.ca/~shepski

Posts: 356 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Phil47
Member # 658

posted 10-23-1999 12:52 PM     Profile for Phil47     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Stinger,
Hey thanks man....Sounds like the very thing I've been waiting for....Ah !.But when does it come out in the UK?
If you Americans got it today, us Brits might get hold of it sometime in the next millenium.......LOL.
Seriously though.. I'll certainly lookout for it.Sounds great. Do you think it will be better than Super Hornet?.
Also. Do you know much about civilian sims... Can't make my mind up between FU 111 and MS 2000....I like just cruising around. Plenty of interactive ATC...Nice views and realistic handling of aircraft. On my old MS95, I down loaded GWPS which was great for co pilot height calls. Auto landings etc...
Like to hear your views. ( Or anybody else who knows the two sims).
See you soon.
Your man in the RAF...633 Limey squadron.
Phil.

Stinger
Member # 15

posted 10-23-1999 02:31 PM     Profile for Stinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi Phil,

I'm in Canada so I have no idea when it'll be up here, probably 2-3 weeks after the US get it.

I have no idea baout anything re: Superhornet other then what I have seen on the net.

I don't have FS2000 or FU3 so i can't comment sorry...but, If you love flight dynamics and sensations of flight, Flanker 2 is great for that. The detail and scope of the landscape will blow you away and combined with the clouds and weather, makes for a great IFR experience.

I would buy it just for the flying alone!

------------------
Cheers,

Stinger

Owner of the Flanker FBO
http://www.escape.ca/~shepski

Posts: 356 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Phil47
Member # 658

posted 10-23-1999 05:58 PM     Profile for Phil47     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Stinger'
Flanker sounds right up my street....
Will have to find out when it comes out over here.....
When I get it and figure the multiplay bit , perhaps we'll fly together sometime.
the Canadians and the Brits. Should make quite a team eh? ( As long as my wife doesn't come in and throw a wobbly ). She's been known to on a few occasions....."For Gods's sakes, when will you lot ever grow up ". Was one her her last classic statements.....Perhaps we could find a roll for her as an air stewardess on one of the tailfins.......Ha Ha Ha.
Later man.......Your man in the RAF. Phil.

Buddmann
Member # 201

posted 10-23-1999 06:23 PM     Profile for Buddmann   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hornet Korea from Graphsim also allows you to fully record a mission. While you can't "jump" into a replay, you can watch the views as recorded or change them during the replay. Also, for the amount of info they record, the files are very small.

Buddmann

Posts: 30 | From: WA, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.