my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » USAF FPS

Author Topic: USAF FPS
Hog
unregistered

posted 10-10-1999 09:09 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've been "out of the loop" for the last few day so maybe this has been answered before but I'll ask again. My system is a Sony 350MHZ PII with a Matrox Mystique G-200 8MB video card, and 96 Meg SDRAM. USAF run slow as hell. I've taken the graphics all the way down to Min. but it seems to have no affect on the game play (frame rate). Is the demo set up to run at Max. graphics? If so I can understand the slow rates and when the game comes out I can reduce them and be able to play. If not I will have to pass on this one anyone else runing the demo on a machine close to mine and how is your FPS. How can you get the demo to display the FPS. Thanks for any help. Dice-man RTB
IP: Logged
mbaxter
Member # 191

posted 10-10-1999 09:35 PM     Profile for mbaxter   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hog, if you want to play any flightsims made in the last year, or any future ones, you're going to have to upgrade that old G200. The 16MB version of the G200 might do a little better, but not much. That's old technology, not even as fast as a Voodoo2.

You need to get yourself a TNT or TNT2, or if you like Matrox the new G400. These absolutely rock in USAF.

Posts: 1687 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Doulsy
unregistered

posted 10-11-1999 03:07 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey,
I have an AMDK6-2 300 with a 16meg Banshee and 64 meg of ram. The game runs like **** on mine as well. It is the same with graphics all the way up as all the way down, my guess is about 8 or so frames per second. This may be due to my windows install as tribes is also running bad since i installed windows again. I am going to install windows again properly this time before buying USAF full version, but if the frame rate is that bad, i am not getting it. It should run much better on my system. and on yours.

Doulsy
unregistered

posted 10-11-1999 03:07 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey,
I have an AMDK6-2 300 with a 16meg Banshee and 64 meg of ram. The game runs like **** on mine as well. It is the same with graphics all the way up as all the way down, my guess is about 8 or so frames per second. This may be due to my windows install as tribes is also running bad since i installed windows again. I am going to install windows again properly this time before buying USAF full version, but if the frame rate is that bad, i am not getting it. It should run much better on my system. and on yours.

Jon
Member # 324

posted 10-11-1999 06:41 AM     Profile for Jon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Doulsy,

It's playable on my Celery 333/Voodoo Banshee even at 1024x768. I even had it up to 1280x1024 once by accident. I could still play it there but it was pretty choppy. The one thing to bear in mind is that the K6-2 chips aren't known for having the best floating point performance. That may have something to do with it but it does sound like you may have a more deep seeded problem with your Win install.

Posts: 135 | From: Rochester, NY USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.