my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » What the??

Author Topic: What the??
tomcat
Member # 425

posted 10-05-1999 12:24 PM     Profile for tomcat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I know this is a bit off topic for this forum, but please read on..
I was looking around the site today, and noticed a section where I could view screenshots from USAF. I went in, looked at the 1st pg, and clicked on the link to the 2nd. The shots came up, and I noticed something that should not have happened on a site of the quality that Combatsim is. As the pictures come up, the little box forms around them, and inside it, before the picks appear, there's a filename or discription for the shot. Anyway, on the 2nd pg of shots, with the USAF title screen, as in, there are 3 pics of F-105's which are clearly Thuds, but have filenames USAF MiG, USAF phantom, and USAF MiG again..???? What? I see this all the time, and it's probably nitpicking, but why does this occuron a site with great info/knowledgeable articles? I'm probably coming off as being snotty, but why not just mash the keyboard when posting these shots, at least we can laugh at the names w/o thinking the above..At least they didn't type MIG, mig, or Mig...could be worse I guess. I apologize for A) being off topic B) Writing too much, and/or C)Nitpicking if I offend anyone. But it does make you look less credible. Tomcat.

Posts: 298 | From: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada JCN:strafe_rag | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Wizard
Member # 460

posted 10-05-1999 12:56 PM     Profile for Wizard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Get a faster connection.
Posts: 20 | From: Netherlands | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
tomcat
Member # 425

posted 10-05-1999 01:12 PM     Profile for tomcat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ha! No, really, I was just wondering why people can't VID planes when they should. Didn't mean to come across as an arse. Sorry. Faster connection? Technically, if you hold your mouse pointer over the pic for a few secs..ah, nevermind..Replacing the 56k would be nice though..
Posts: 298 | From: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada JCN:strafe_rag | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.