my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » Janes USAF is the next step foward in the Fighters Anthology/IAF style game

Author Topic: Janes USAF is the next step foward in the Fighters Anthology/IAF style game
BEAR 257th
Member # 318

posted 10-02-1999 08:51 AM     Profile for BEAR 257th   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Demo has a nice look to it & my FA/IAF stick progam flys it without many changes.

I think it will however take a lot more horsepower to run then many people expected. It is smooth with all options on high on my 464/256MB TNT2U machine but some of the options needed to be scaled back to get the same apperent preformance on my 300/126MB I740 system.

Game is D3D only & a glide (voodoo2) or open gl card will default to D3D.

Flight model & avionics are simplified & similar to IAF. So I would place this solidly in the "FUN" sim catagory & also an excellect game for newbies to get their feet wet.

Those of us in the hard core side of the hobby will have to wait for the F-18 sim in January to get a high-fi sim from Janes

BEAR

FalconF1
Member # 11

posted 10-02-1999 01:11 PM     Profile for FalconF1   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bear, I too have that crappy i740 on my pii450 (only 64m ram) and I also had to scale the graphics down some. Is there a "zoom" option like in Fighters Anthology to see the planes closer?
Posts: 300 | From: NY,NY- USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
BEAR 257th
Member # 318

posted 10-02-1999 02:33 PM     Profile for BEAR 257th   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The - & = keys on the main keyboard & the +/- on the KP will zoom, but not in all views. There does not seem to be the same zoom features that FA has.

BEAR

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.