my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » [email protected]#$% JANE'S!

Author Topic: [email protected]#$% JANE'S!
Pancreosity
Member # 474

posted 10-01-1999 09:39 PM     Profile for Pancreosity   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks Jane's for your USAF demo! IT frickin locked up my computer and I thought I had just about lost all faith in Jane's after the pitiful F-15 demo, but this takes the cake!!
Angrily enraged,
Pancreosity...

Rick.50cal
Member # 172

posted 10-02-1999 03:09 AM     Profile for Rick.50cal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
**** off you goof! What game has not locked up your computer before?!?

Rainbow6 does all the time, Falcon4, EF2000, and so on, and so on,

This is a DEMO, need I remind you, not the full version.

If that's your only complaint so far, then go away. We are having enough troubles with the whole industry giving up on us, you don't need to help it along.

------------------
Rick.50cal

Posts: 520 | From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Psycho
Member # 455

posted 10-02-1999 04:23 AM     Profile for Psycho   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The demo has'nt locked up my computer I cant use my Suncom F15 joystick. I cant even hear the damn sound on my SB live. I thought it was my computer, but after I exited the game and tried F4, everything worked fine.

Right now the demo is unplayable, because I cant use my joystick and I cant even hear the damn sound. I hope they fix all this crap before they release the game.

Posts: 12 | From: NYC | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
VF-142 REX
Member # 392

posted 10-02-1999 07:23 AM     Profile for VF-142 REX   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
DEMO, WHERE? HOW BIG?
Pancreosity
Member # 474

posted 10-02-1999 12:46 PM     Profile for Pancreosity   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fine. I'll try it again.

Vapor
unregistered

posted 10-02-1999 02:55 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Psycho you have to turn up the volume in the game under preferences. It is off you need to turn it on by draging the volume bar. Pancreosity- do you have your monitor on top of you computer box? Cause i found a cure for your prob if you do. the demo has worked flawlessly on my comp (but a little chopy due to my comp being a DINO!!!)
IP: Logged
Psycho
Member # 455

posted 10-02-1999 03:45 PM     Profile for Psycho   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Vapor I turned up the volume, but it still wont work. I have the volume sliders all the way to the right, and I still cant hear. My joystick still wont work either, but it does work with all my other sims. I think this has to do with DX7, I never had these problems with DX6.1.
Impaler
Member # 131

posted 10-02-1999 04:04 PM     Profile for Impaler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am using DX7 and no problems try downloading again from a different site.
mabe that will help.

Posts: 308 | From: an island in the pacific | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
starron
Member # 485

posted 10-02-1999 04:12 PM     Profile for starron   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
p2/333/128ram/v3/2000 tried all res when i try the game get a black screen. dx7. reloaded game no luck. config says"reload dx" and no hardware support?????help
Posts: 31 | From: pensacola fl usa | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
Rat
unregistered

posted 10-02-1999 08:21 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Downloaded the demo and it runs pretty damn good on my ancient PII 266 with 128mb Ram and Rage Fury Vidcard
Birdman
Member # 287

posted 10-03-1999 12:38 AM     Profile for Birdman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Have you tried running USAFConfig.exe to tell USAF which video card to use?

That fixed my problems with the USAF demo.

Posts: 229 | From: California, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Vapor
unregistered

posted 10-03-1999 12:46 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have a p200 64RAM and it work great considering that i have the minimum and the graphics are still 100% better than F-15 and IAF. Hey bird is that u (birdman_131st)
Toppy
unregistered

posted 10-03-1999 06:06 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Any problems with Matrox G400 and USNF?? I can´t get USNF to work!! My computer just hangs, the game never starts.

My system:

PIII 550, Ram 256, HD 22 GB, Matrox G400, Abit Be6.

No problem with Falcon 4 or other games.

Toppy.

Psycho
Member # 455

posted 10-03-1999 12:46 PM     Profile for Psycho   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I finally got to run, but I had to reformat my C drive to get a fresh copy of Windows. It was DX7. I wont be installing DX7 until a specific game requires it.

Anyway, the game is awesome. The grahics is sweet. The only gripe I have is that the joystick is too sensitive. Hopefully they'll fix that. Other than that the game is looking good.

Swampthing
Member # 388

posted 10-03-1999 01:04 PM     Profile for Swampthing   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't think it was specifically DX7 Psycho. i'm having the exact same problem and I also have a SBLIVE. I'm guessing it's more a problem with the SBLIVE drivers AND dx7. Either way it's still a great game.

One thing I did notice is if i'm in the mission for ten mins or so the sounds start working sorta, though they cut in and out kinda sporadically.

Psycho
Member # 455

posted 10-03-1999 07:35 PM     Profile for Psycho   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have to agree with you Swampthing. I re-formated my C drive and re-install Win98. I then re-installed DX 6.1 and the game worked flawlessly. Later I installed the DX7 SDK and it installed DX 7 end user version, and the game is still working ok. Sometimes the sound gets static and I cant hear the game clearly.

The main problem I had before was my joystick and the sound not working. Everything is working ok now.

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.