my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » Rhino: Southeast Asia

Author Topic: Rhino: Southeast Asia
Spasmo
unregistered

posted 09-30-1999 12:08 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Does anyone know anything about this project or R.S.S.? Any info or links would be appreciated; Vietnam seems like a great theatre to model.
IP: Logged
Kurt Plummer
Member # 358

posted 09-30-1999 12:51 AM     Profile for Kurt Plummer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here, Here!

I was just too embarrassed to ask...

I could try through the Dogpile if only I could get the long-form of 'R.S.S.' I'm pretty sure it ain't 'the Remote Sensing Society'

The Combat.Sim search engine only points to the release date chart (deck)

KP

leafer
Member # 6

posted 09-30-1999 01:11 AM     Profile for leafer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Spasmo,

About half year ago I visited their website regularly but they'd never updated it, so I gave up on them. I'll try to find the URL for you because I'm curious also.

I'd love to fly a good F4 Phantom, A6 Intruder and F104 Thud over Vietnam sim!! I read an article by Denny Atkin that we should forget it. Oh well.

Who do you think should develope this sim? I say Wayward or Microprose.

Posts: 803 | From: Alhambra, CA U.S.A | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Ham
unregistered

posted 09-30-1999 08:55 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

[This message has been edited by Ham (edited 01-02-2000).]

Michael
unregistered

posted 09-30-1999 12:06 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yep,i think we can definately forget about the sim,just check out the screenshot section.
leafer
Member # 6

posted 09-30-1999 02:09 PM     Profile for leafer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nope, those are all early prototypes! Read the designer note section. Not much info but enough to give you idea of what they have in mind for this sim. They'll make use of the TnL technology!! They're saying highly "dense" environments!

Remember these guys are small outfit and probably in deep doodoo for cash. let's support these guys they're trying to give us what we've been begging for, for years.

Posts: 803 | From: Alhambra, CA U.S.A | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Andy Bush
Member # 12

posted 09-30-1999 03:01 PM     Profile for Andy Bush   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Rhino is alive and well, still in development, and looking very nice in the latest graphics work ups. You can disregard the early screenshots...the current material is equal to or better than F4.

Until the sim moves further along, you will not be hearing much about it...but it is there, and with a little luck will make to publication.

Andy

Posts: 595 | From: St Louis, Mo | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.