my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » tactcom and vodoo3

Author Topic: tactcom and vodoo3
Mauro
unregistered

posted 09-29-1999 04:16 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi!!!
I'm from Rome, Italy. I have just acquired a vodoo 3 3000 (pretty good card...), but tactcom (ef 2000 with 3dfx grap)refuses to work. Thre is a solution??
Many thanks!!!

IP: Logged
Barron
Member # 325

posted 09-30-1999 05:18 AM     Profile for Barron   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
None that I know of. Tactcom/EF2Kv2 only work with Voodoo1 and, with a little tweaking, Voodoo2.

Barron out

Posts: 392 | From: Greenville, North Carolina, USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
chacalaca
unregistered

posted 10-13-1999 10:45 AM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mauro,

Voodoo 3 and EF2000, no solution so far. But don't stop playing EF2000 v2(the best game hands down in my opinion. A true classic) just because you can't get it to run on the Voodoo 3 card. Install the normal Super EF2000 (or better known as Win95 installation option when you insert the CD) under win9X and you will not see a difference. I used to play EF2000 under the 3dfx mode (using my old Voodoo 2 card) but after I sold my card and got the Voodoo 3 I had the same problem. Now I play EF2000 under win98 without a problem. Plus, it is easier to setup the sound and joystick because it runs under win9x not DOS. Remember that 3dfx mode worked under DOS which was a pain to setup the joystick and sound.

Anyway, I have said enough.

Good luck!

Chacalaca out.

mbaxter
Member # 191

posted 10-15-1999 05:44 AM     Profile for mbaxter   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, SuperEF2K is just as good as the 3dfx version in visual terms, at least in my opinion. And it's no problem to setup.

BTW, if anybody wants a new Order of Battle for the NATO & Russian air forces in the campaign, let me know and I'll email it to you. Makes the campaign more interesting (and more realistic).

Posts: 1687 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Bobo32
Member # 1366

posted 08-23-2000 01:32 AM     Profile for Bobo32   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
mbaxter - is this OOB still available - Ive just got my copy of EF2000 (mailed from the states) and am interested in your fix

If so, could you please email it to me at [email protected]

Thanks

Posts: 155 | From: Southampton, Hampshire, UK | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
williamd
Member # 5980

posted 08-23-2000 11:50 AM     Profile for williamd   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
mbaxter - please e-mail me the OOB [email protected]
I've ordered EF2000 V2 from Bits N Chips and expect it shortly. I used to be hooked on the DOS version when it first came out.

Posts: 6 | From: England | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
jethro
unregistered

posted 08-23-2000 12:57 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi all,
I've recently re-installed EF2000V2 on my HD. I'm running an old P1/ voodoo1 system and I installed it for 3dfx. It does'nt seem to run as smoothly as it did before and the sound sometimes sounds like monsters (slow).
I had the sound problem before...anyone know of a fix? Also, should I try re-installing for Win95? I can't remember how I had it installed the last time.
One other thing, I'd like to practice some formation flying with my wingies but they slow down until I pass them in the missions....I've looked at the commands and there is no 'lesd' phrase. How do you all do it?
Thanks for any and all help in advance.

Snail
Member # 3654

posted 08-24-2000 02:31 PM     Profile for Snail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
In the readme file that coms with the gfx+ patch is something mentioned about sound problems. Because I have a voodoo3, I nowadays only can fly the win 9x version (super). Btw, mbaxter, could you e-mail your patch to [email protected] ? Thanks in advance!

Snail

Posts: 57 | From: Nunspeet, Nederland | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Zhukov
Member # 4446

posted 08-24-2000 03:01 PM     Profile for Zhukov   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'll second that about running it in Win95 mode (ie. without acceleration). It looks as good (better, in some cases) than the GFX+ version and is silky smooth on my 333MHZ desktop computer as well as my P150 Thinkpad .

Zhukov

------------------
"Veni, vidi, vici, baby."

Posts: 4315 | From: Montreal, Quebec, CANADA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.