my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Genre)   » Jets   » Air Show next weekend...

Author Topic: Air Show next weekend...
Gambit21
Member # 17

posted 09-13-1999 11:59 PM     Profile for Gambit21   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
For those of you in Northern California, the Wings Over Stockton Airshow will be held on the 24th, 25th, and 26th of September. The airshow will not feature the Thunderbirds or the Blue Angels this year, but the lineup of military jets is the best that I have seen at any airshow in California for a long time. It was a great show last year.
Check the website - WWW.wingsoverstockton.org
The Salinas Airshow will be the first weekend of October, and the Blue Angels will be featured, but the rest of the lineup is not as strong.

Gambit21 - out

leafer
Member # 6

posted 09-14-1999 03:15 PM     Profile for leafer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am there, dude!! 8-) Gonna be a long drive from LA, but what the hell...

Thanks for the info.

Posts: 803 | From: Alhambra, CA U.S.A | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
CRASH-209th
Member # 285

posted 09-18-1999 04:01 PM     Profile for CRASH-209th   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There will be a demonstration of LAN simming there as well. A small contingient of the 209th VFS Delta Hawks set up in a hanger near the Top Gun Aviation hanger. Near where the static displays of aricraft are staged. Stop by and say if if your there.

------------------
Dan "CRASH" Crenshaw
DCO, 209th VFS Delta Hawks
"Outta missiles, outta bullets, down to harsh language"
http://www.deltahawks.org

Archer
Member # 109

posted 09-27-1999 01:26 AM     Profile for Archer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If I am in LA area, I would go see the first public flight-by of F-22 Raptor at the Edwards AFB on 10/2-3. Go check airshow.com for sure.

I was there last year and saw the 2nd Raptor (91-002) ever built!

Archer
Member # 109

posted 09-27-1999 02:05 AM     Profile for Archer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
IMHO, there is NO airshows in the States can even be compared to the Open House in Edwards AFB every October.

Hey, did you ever hear the sonic boom from a F-15 Eagle before? If not, you need to find out at http://www.edwards.af.mil/oh99/event-info_index.html

Also you will see F-16XL, F-15, F-22, F-18, F-111, B-2, B-52, X-15 on display. The airshow Thurderbird will wrap up the finale -if you know what aeobatics means!

Cinders
Member # 403

posted 09-27-1999 02:05 PM     Profile for Cinders   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Archer,

You might want to check the date on the Edwards AFB airshow...the billboards near the base indicate the show is the weekend of the 9th of October. I'll double check on my way in today.

Posts: 112 | From: Lancaster, CA US | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Archer
Member # 109

posted 09-28-1999 01:38 AM     Profile for Archer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah you're right. It will be on 10/9 and 10/10 (next weekend).

It seems that the F-22 fly-by will only be on Sat 10/9.

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.