my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Hardware / OS Discussions   » Operating Systems   » bios update

Author Topic: bios update
Chivas
Member # 3370

posted 11-22-2002 12:46 PM     Profile for Chivas   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi guys..

I want to flash my Asus motherboard Bios to accept higher clocked cpus, but I'm a DOS idiot.

I'm not sure I understand the difference between the DOS prompt you can access while system is running in Windows and the DOS prompt you can access at boot-up. At boot-up I was able to hit F8 and bring up my system in 'Safe mode with dos prompt', but it doesn't recognise my DOS inputs.

I've managed to make a floppy ' MS DOS start-up disc '... but when I type in ' FORMAT A:/S ' to back-up my old BIOs , my system doesn't recognise the input.

I've downloaded the flash utility to a floppy and the new bios from asus, but the directions they give assumes that I have some computer know how, lol. I'm not sure if I put the new bios on the floppy too, or if it finds the the new bios on my system. doh

I guess I'll have to buy DOS for Idiots.. or is there a web-site with some detailed info. This may be the last output from this computer, hehe.

Thanks Jim

P4T-E ASUS Motherboard
P4 1.8 478pin
512 RDRAM
Gforce 3
Windows XP Pro

Posts: 46 | From: Ladysmith, B.C. Canada | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.