my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Hardware / OS Discussions   » Operating Systems   » Buying from Accubyte!!!!!

Author Topic: Buying from Accubyte!!!!!
JG27 Dinger
Member # 8647

posted 12-14-2000 11:59 AM     Profile for JG27 Dinger   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Beware to all, maybe this was just a bad first time buy but just to warn all of you who buy online. I bought a Athlon cou with a Motherboard and 128 megs of PC133 ram from a Company called Accubyte online. I paid $350.00 for all of it. I bought it on a Thursday, got it on a Tuesday. I started setting up my new system and was wanting to try it out ...well when I got everything set up...nothing wuld work... tried again still nothing. So I took it to a PC tech ... after 2 days of looking everything over and trying to get it up and running they let me know that the chip and mother board was bad...(man talking about LUCK first time buying from these people and I buy a bad chip mother board combo right off the rip? whats up with that. well I called Accubyte...they told me I had to call their Tech support and gave me the #. I tried for 2 days before getting them. When they got on the phone they told me that I could send it back to them and they would replace it. So I said ok...but then they told me that if it was not within the 15 days that I would have to buy an additional warranty to cover chip and another warranty to cover board ..for them to honor it .... talking about a RIP OFF!!! After a lenghty discussion with them I finally decided to ask for a refund..cause I was not gonna pay them another $100.00 for warranties on products that they sent me that was bad to begin with. The Tech support guy would not let me get a word in to say anything either the whole time I was trying to talk to him about my problem... so BEWARE ALL YOU ONLINE SHOPPERS...if you buy from ACCUBYTE YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED ON WHAT TYPE OF SERVICE THEY OFFER AND PRODUCTS THEY SEND WHEN YOU BUY FROM THEM.
PS
They are gonna charge me $55.00 just to restock there bad Motherboard and chip also hehe these guys are really money hungry I would say. Definitely not looking out for the consumer.

------------------

Posts: 1 | From: NorthCharleston | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.