my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Hardware / OS Discussions   » Operating Systems   » Windows ME crashing Allegiance from Microsoft games

Author Topic: Windows ME crashing Allegiance from Microsoft games
Jason-Alaska
Member # 7014

posted 12-11-2000 02:19 PM     Profile for Jason-Alaska   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey thanks for taking the time to read this post. I'm having a problem with Allegiance crashing in Windows ME. and the following error. "DDhelp.exe" has caused an elegal somethingorother... You and your machine suck" or something like that. It worked before Windows ME. But now, nuttin!
I have all the latest drivers and Direct X8 but no go. Any ideas would
be appreciated. System setup to follow
P3 500
256 Megs of ram
ABIT BE6 Rev2 Mother Board with newest bios and HDMA66 drivers
Diamond Monster Sound MX300
Matrox G400
Adaptec EZ-SCSI
JAZ-ZIP drives
DVD-CDrom
CD Burner
USB Intelimouse explorer plus
USB Strategic Commander
USB Game Voice
USB 4 port hub
Thrustmaster digital Joystick
Thanks again!
-Jason-

Posts: 51 | From: Anchorage, AK, USA BABY! | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Blond_Knight
Member # 67

posted 12-11-2000 02:29 PM     Profile for Blond_Knight     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Jason, the Wife ordered a new PC for me through Gateway, it arrived last month, and while she wouldnt let me have it till Xmas, she did "let" me test it when it arrived. ALL Gateway boxs ship with Win ME, no other choice. Long story short it wouldnt detect my Ms FFB Sidewinder. After talking to the GW people (BTW they have no records of ppl having probs with ME...yeah right) I checked the MS site, and read several reviews of the OS, and apparently its(ME) one buggy OS indeed.
Check the Ms site for fixes, if that doesnt work, you might have to do what Im gonna spend Xmas night doing....FORMAT C:
And revert to 98SE.

Sorry I cant be more helpful, but it might be enough for you to know your not the only one having probs with ME.

------------------
See-Decide-Attack-Reverse

Posts: 1093 | From: Richmond Va - Capital of the Confederacy | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Aqualung
Member # 53

posted 12-11-2000 03:23 PM     Profile for Aqualung   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
DDHelp.exe is a DirectX related program. My guess would be to try and reinstall DX8, and if that doesn't help, try reinstalling the drivers for all your components and see if that does the trick.
Posts: 143 | From: Altamonte Springs, Fl | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Knight
unregistered

posted 12-14-2000 06:05 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Blond
IP: Logged
Jason-Alaska
Member # 7014

posted 12-14-2000 06:12 PM     Profile for Jason-Alaska   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Blond Knight, GOODLUCK! Try out Windows ME before jumping into that reformat. I really do like it other then one game that I rarly played anyway not working. Photoshop and Pagemaker and other apps I have run much better in Windows ME. Give it a chance. Thanks for the suggestion... and She gets you a new computer for Christmas! WHAT A WIFE! You da man! ;-)

AquaLung,
I tried re-installing every darn driver and still got the same goofs. Thanks as well for your suggestions. Maybe I wasn't ment to play it again anyway. But just knowing there is a game out there that dosn't work on my system makes me want to fix it even if it was "Barney Saves Hanukkah" or something. I want it to work! Also, what's your wife getting you for Christmas? New computer? No! Mine eather. Blond Knight got it good!

Merry Christmas to both of you,
-Jason-

Posts: 51 | From: Anchorage, AK, USA BABY! | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.