my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Hardware / OS Discussions   » Operating Systems   » WIN 2K and games

Author Topic: WIN 2K and games
CQ
Member # 1006

posted 12-10-2000 07:44 PM     Profile for CQ   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Am about to install WIN 2k on my system (as follows: Celeron 533, 192mb, Soundblaster live, 32mb TNT ultra, various IDE harddrives with plenty of space), basically to cure some problems with USB that I've been having. So my questions:

1) Is it going to slow the system down any?
2) Looking to run the following games:
Falcon 4
EECH
Wargasm
Flanker 2

et al. If these aren't going to work then I will stick with windows 98. I'm quite computer literate and am using windows 2000 professional at work (I'm an application designer), but am not familiar with any issues with it regarding games- so.... what's your opinion?

Posts: 43 | From: Shizuoka ken Japan | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Aqualung
Member # 53

posted 12-11-2000 10:44 AM     Profile for Aqualung   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, I've only run Win2k on my work computer and it seems fast enough. But I'm running dual 933's with half a gig of ram . Though if you are using your home computer for games, I would not recommend Win2k but either Win98SE or Win ME. They are geared more towards gamers.
Posts: 143 | From: Altamonte Springs, Fl | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.