my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Hardware / OS Discussions   » Operating Systems   » Win ME Guru needed

Author Topic: Win ME Guru needed
Jason-Alaska
Member # 7014

posted 11-14-2000 02:34 PM     Profile for Jason-Alaska   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
DDHELP.EXE has crashed your system you suck hahah! Or something like that is the error I get while flying in Allegience. I know it's a direct draw utility from Microsoft, I've even reloaded all my sound and video drivers upgraded to DX 8. Same problem. Anyone with a fix?
Thanks for takeing the time!
-Jason-

Posts: 51 | From: Anchorage, AK, USA BABY! | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
darryl
Member # 812

posted 11-14-2000 04:01 PM     Profile for darryl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I had that problem. What really fixed it for me was to download a new set of drivers for my motherboard's chipset (VIA). That did the trick for that error. Having the latest component drivers is the 95% (of the time)solution.
darryl

Posts: 60 | From: cincinati, ohio, usa | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged
Jason-Alaska
Member # 7014

posted 11-15-2000 07:16 PM     Profile for Jason-Alaska   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the help but... I'm pretty sure I have the latest drivers all the way around. I had the problem with Direct X7. Upgradded to Dirext X8 same thing. System setup follows.

P3 500
256 Megs of ram
ABIT BE6 Rev2 Mother Board with newest bios and HDMA66 controler
Diamond Monster Sound MX300
Matrox G400
Adaptec EZ-SCSI
JAZ-ZIP drives
DVD-CDrom
CD Burner
USB Intelimouse explorer plus
USB Strategic Commander
USB Game Voice
USB 4 port hub
Thrustmaster digital Joystick

Posts: 51 | From: Anchorage, AK, USA BABY! | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.