my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Hardware / OS Discussions   » Operating Systems   » Windows ME & DOS

Author Topic: Windows ME & DOS
Tuba2
Member # 4640

posted 10-09-2000 09:43 PM     Profile for Tuba2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Has any one found a method for using DOS based games in ME? A reference book said that there is a choice that allows you to enter a DOS mode included with the "start" menu. However, I do not have that choice. I would like to still be able to run 1942 Pacific Air War but have been unable to find the correct setup through the properties in the short cut. Thanks Jim
Posts: 2 | From: Bryan, Ohio, USA | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Aqualung
Member # 53

posted 10-09-2000 09:52 PM     Profile for Aqualung   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here are a couple options:

You can click on Start/Shutdown/Restart in MS-DOS mode.

When you boot up your computer and it says "Starting Windows..." hit the F8 key and select Command Prompt.

Format a disk and transfer the system files onto it. Then reboot your computer with the disk in the drive.

I'm not sure if PAW needs any special configuration of DOS, if it does you'll need to do that as well.

Posts: 143 | From: Altamonte Springs, Fl | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.