my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Hardware / OS Discussions   » Operating Systems   » F/A-18 in Win2k

Author Topic: F/A-18 in Win2k
Sam
unregistered

posted 08-27-2000 08:39 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Is there any way to get Jane's F/A-18 to work in Windows 2000 professional? I purchased the Naval Warfare pack awhile ago and was running Win98 at the time. Now I install Win2k and I really want to play F/A-18. Someone please tell me there's a way! I don't want to revert to 98 just for one game... It's just not fair.

-Sam

IP: Logged
tony draper
Member # 519

posted 08-28-2000 03:10 AM     Profile for tony draper   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Most sims will run on 2k now but you have to download latest 2k drivers for your particular graphic card, lots of people are getting good results with 2k but personaly i,v went back to 98,it runs simms faster on my rig..good luck... tony d
Posts: 1280 | From: england | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged
mason
Member # 2928

posted 08-29-2000 01:57 AM     Profile for mason   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sam:
Is there any way to get Jane's F/A-18 to work in Windows 2000 professional? I purchased the Naval Warfare pack awhile ago and was running Win98 at the time. Now I install Win2k and I really want to play F/A-18. Someone please tell me there's a way! I don't want to revert to 98 just for one game... It's just not fair.

-Sam

There is a program on your original W2K CD called APCOMPAT.exe. Copy this to your system. Prior to running the F-18 setup program, run APCOMPAT, and choose Win 98 mode. At some point, it will look as if the installation stalled (it's been a while, so I don't remember just where), but it is fine. You may have to shut down the program with the task manager. Run the 1.1 patch, and you are good to go.

Mason

------------------
"The new and improved mad scientist at work"

Posts: 58 | From: San Antonio | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.