my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Hardware / OS Discussions   » Operating Systems   » Win95 and Win98se LAN Compatible

Author Topic: Win95 and Win98se LAN Compatible
splatterpunk
Member # 2641

posted 06-28-2000 06:58 PM     Profile for splatterpunk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello all you PC gurus: Does anyone know if it is possible to set-up a LAN for gaming with two computers that have the stated Op Systems in the topic of this thread, Win95 and Win98se? If it is possible, what would be the easiest way to accomplish this?
Thank you for any Help!
Splatt

Posts: 387 | From: Southern U.S.A. | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
huey148
unregistered

posted 06-30-2000 02:30 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Easy to do. Go to www.maximumpc.com and search under networking, they have some good articles that explain how to set up a basic network. go to your local compusa or bestbuy and get a home networking kit. Total cost w/o your time will be around 80 - 100 dollars. You can set up a peer to peer network without that much trouble and little experience. now, configuring your games is another story.
IP: Logged
splatterpunk
Member # 2641

posted 07-01-2000 12:10 PM     Profile for splatterpunk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
huey148: Thank You very much for the reply. I will check into MaxPC's networking articles and start saving my change.

Cheers!
Splatt

Posts: 387 | From: Southern U.S.A. | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.