my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » Jane's USAF   » Jane's USAF/Windows 2000 O/S

Author Topic: Jane's USAF/Windows 2000 O/S
chasvip1
Member # 9536

posted 09-16-2002 11:41 PM     Profile for chasvip1   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I upgraded my system O/S too Windows 2000 and when I installed USAF it won't run properly and sometimes not at all. I called Tech support and they told me by installing Directx , sound ,and graphichs card drivers for Windows 2000 it might run OK. I installed DirectX and Sound drivers for Windows 2000 and my graphics card is a GeForce2 MX 100/200 64 MB RAM .The current driver I have installed for the GeForce2 card is Version 6.13.10.3082 (English). If anyone who fly's the USAF Combat Sim have any tip's to help me get a fix for this problem please reply THANKS!!!

chasvip1

Posts: 2 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
JohnMc
unregistered

posted 09-17-2002 12:57 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry, but from what Iíve read on the net, USAF works the best only under Win98. Win 2000 & XP give it fits. The BEST solution is to setup a dual boot system. Install Windows 98 first on the C: and 2000/XP on D: provided you have the hard drive space and expertise to do that. As I said, this is the best not necessarily the quickest or easiest.

Other than that, it's hit or miss to get it to work. Check out www.simhq.com message boards. They have a good list of people with problems and fixes.

IP: Logged
chasvip1
Member # 9536

posted 09-17-2002 01:13 PM     Profile for chasvip1   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi JohnMc
Thanks for the information.

Best
Chasvip1

Posts: 2 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

© COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.