my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Archives   » EAW Archive 6   » OT: Published story - news at eleven

Author Topic: OT: Published story - news at eleven
Old Guy
Member # 1606

posted 06-23-2001 01:38 PM     Profile for Old Guy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Okay, it finally happened. Some fool paid me for a story, as I may have mentioned a hundred times or so, and it is now actually visible online at Blue Murder. The addy is:
http://www.bluemurder.com/magazine.html

The download is free. You'll need Adobe Acrobat to read it. There are about 90 pages of stories - mine is #2 - and they're worth reading, if you like crime fiction.

Jim

Posts: 1769 | From: Fort Collins, Colorado, USA | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged
Rodger Bilko
Member # 2170

posted 06-23-2001 02:00 PM     Profile for Rodger Bilko   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Congratulations Jim.

be proud

--------------------

"Thingmies? We don't need no stinking Thingmies"

Bilko's HQ

Posts: 6836 | From: Belfast. Northern Ireland. UK | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Zhukov
Member # 4446

posted 06-23-2001 02:25 PM     Profile for Zhukov   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You know....I've always admired the works of Raymond Chandler, and I must say that your story gave me the same sort of enjoyment. Great ending too!!!!

Really good stuff, Jim!

Z

--------------------

"Didja ever notice that guy who pulls out right in front of you, then slows down to 30? Then whenever you get to a passing zone, he speeds up... Then the double solids return, and he's back to 30. And keeps his left turn signal on the whole time? Hitler was much worse than that guy" -- overheard on plastic.com

Posts: 4315 | From: Montreal, Quebec, CANADA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Sulla
Member # 3988

posted 06-24-2001 07:14 AM     Profile for Sulla   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Right on OG. Congratulations.

--------------------

"What we do in life, echoes in Eternity"

"Strength and Honour"

"At my signal, unleash Hell"

Posts: 3945 | From: Essex, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Donster
Member # 196

posted 06-24-2001 06:24 PM     Profile for Donster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Way to go Jim! Good to see someone around here amount to something! *Donster ducks from incoming schrapnel!

Donster

--------------------

"Its a dog eat dog world out there, and I'm wearing Milkbone underwear!"

Posts: 10794 | From: Cedar Rapids, Iowa USA | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.