my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  COMBATSIM.COM Forum Archive   » Game Discussions (Title-specific)   » B17 II Flying Fortress   » Hmmm

Author Topic: Hmmm
Rodger Bilko
Member # 2170

posted 05-28-2001 12:49 PM     Profile for Rodger Bilko   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Got a phone call on friday, received B17-2 on Saturday morning, courtesy of a chum who couldn't get it to run/didn't like it on his Sons PC.

I'm still working on it, but so far it runs, no CTD's and I'm getting some jerky graphics.

--------------------

"Thingmies? We don't need no stinking Thingmies"

Bilko's HQ

Posts: 6836 | From: Belfast. Northern Ireland. UK | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Canuck
unregistered

posted 05-28-2001 01:16 PM       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
don't jerk the graphics then!!!!!
IP: Logged
Rodger Bilko
Member # 2170

posted 05-28-2001 07:53 PM     Profile for Rodger Bilko   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, yeah that's a typical Nookie reply

--------------------

Bilko's HQ

Posts: 6836 | From: Belfast. Northern Ireland. UK | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Hun Hunter
Member # 448

posted 05-29-2001 05:26 AM     Profile for Hun Hunter   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What do you think so far Binky?. I've patched it (the first patch only) and it runs fine. There are skin mods for olive drab Fortresses and a mod that cleans the windows (get it at windolene.com )
.....not bad IMO. Your first time over Berlin is a good idea of what the game can do.

--------------------

"Will someone get this bloody lobster claw out of my back?"-Adolf Galland ME-109F2 April 1941

Posts: 1304 | From: In a water tight cavern under Sydney Harbour Bridge | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Rodger Bilko
Member # 2170

posted 05-29-2001 05:37 AM     Profile for Rodger Bilko   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Not bad so far. I think simulation is the word. If people thought it was going to be non stop shootin' rootin' & a tootin they'll be disapointed

Indepth is the key.

Are you sure it's Windolene.com?

I thought wwww.mrmuscle.com took over?

I'm trying to work out the OMF thingmie, you know me, even with a read me I take a month longer than anyone else.

--------------------

Bilko's HQ

Hun Hunter
Member # 448

posted 05-29-2001 06:16 AM     Profile for Hun Hunter   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yep, same here. I avoid the readme, have a drinkme instead and try and figure it out myself, usually quicker and with better results

--------------------

"Will someone get this bloody lobster claw out of my back?"-Adolf Galland ME-109F2 April 1941

Posts: 1304 | From: In a water tight cavern under Sydney Harbour Bridge | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Schatten
Member # 93

posted 05-29-2001 06:55 AM     Profile for Schatten   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What the hell is an OMF? Besides the sound Bilkers makes when he has too many kabobs?

Is there really a clean windows patch? Don't tease me now. LOL

--------------------

Yes I am a minion of the Devil, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

Posts: 2938 | From: Land of the Lost | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged
Rodger Bilko
Member # 2170

posted 05-29-2001 07:14 AM     Profile for Rodger Bilko   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Schatten:
What the hell is an OMF? Besides the sound Bilkers makes when he has too many kabobs?

Is there really a clean windows patch? Don't tease me now. LOL

LMAO! Actually I thought it was PHRUP!

Check out Bombs Away

--------------------

Bilko's HQ

Hun Hunter
Member # 448

posted 05-29-2001 08:27 AM     Profile for Hun Hunter   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LOL! Its true Schatt. Try B.A. (not Baracus fool ) and you should see links to the fix

--------------------

Rodger Bilko
Member # 2170

posted 05-30-2001 10:22 AM     Profile for Rodger Bilko   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've read the thingmies. Installed the thingmie and tried to change the thingmies, but as usual with me, the friggin thingmies don't griggin work

:havingabadday:

--------------------

Bilko's HQ

Hun Hunter
Member # 448

posted 05-31-2001 04:06 AM     Profile for Hun Hunter   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn it!. I was hoping the clean window thingmie would go on to your thingmie and you could talk me through getting the thingmie to work.

Patch thingmie is AOK.

As long as you're just having a bad day and not a bad hair day
(sorry Binky couldn't resist)

--------------------

All times are MST (US)  

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | COMBATSIM.COM Home

COMBATSIM.COM, INC. All Rights Reserved.